Pleased To Meet You All

Jim Shaver

Hi All,

I just joined Family Woodworking today.

I have been a woodworker for about 10 years, mostly flat work but some turning too. I like to use hand tools as well, but power is just fine. I can see many friends here already from paths that have crossed elsewhere.

I am happy to be here and hope to share in teh learning, both ways..

I am having my hip resurfaced on Aug 28 so I hope to spend some time in recovery reading the forum for a few moths while I heal.

Take care,
Jim
Eh!:)

hi jim!
i take it the "eh" was directed at stu and other northern folk? around my neck of the woods that`s what us old-n-hard of hearing folks say when we should say "i can`t hear ya`"
tod

Hi Jim, good to see you here! I have always thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful turnings you produce, especially your Pens. For those that are not familiar with Jim's work..........you will have a real tough time finding more beautiful pens. I am sure he has a few pictures laying around somewhere too! ;)

Welcome Jim, I look forward to seeing some things from your shop again! :)

Hi Jim, welcome ot FW. I am hardly qualified to welcome as I made my first posts just this week after registering with the site more than 8 months ago.

I can tell you something about Jim's pens as I purchased one from him as a gift. Spectacular work, just spectacular work. Jim is a class act to deal with as well.

I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful pens although my pocketbook might not stand it .....

Welcome friend!!!:wave:

Good to see you here, Jim. I've admired your pens all around the Internet. Now I
can "ooh" and "ahh" right here at home. :thumb:

Welcome aboard!

And here's to a quick recovery on the hip resurfacing. ;) Are you going with Formica or granite? :p (Seriously, be well soon.)

Jim,
welcome aboard!

I saw a hockey comment earlier, the real shame is that you won't be in shape to practice draw weight this winter!

count me as a fan of your turning work as well. Hope to be sliding down into the abyss sometime this fall if I ever get my trusses built and the roof put on.

Hi Jim, welcome ot FW. I am hardly qualified to welcome as I made my first posts just this week after registering with the site more than 8 months ago.

I can tell you something about Jim's pens as I purchased one from him as a gift. Spectacular work, just spectacular work. Jim is a class act to deal with as well.

I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful pens although my pocketbook might not stand it .....

Welcome friend!!!:wave:

Mike you are so kind...I was so honoured to make that pen for your father, I hope it brings many many years of joy!:)