Pleased To Meet You All

Welcome Jim!

(Geez, can't get away from the guy, Now there's a nice turn of a phrase! :wave:Hi Jim; great to see you here.
Good luck with the surgery.
I'll be practicing hand made dovetails on the 28th, but I'll take a minute or more to be thinking of you.:)

Mack, My dear dear friend...This is indeed a wonderful surprise...Whoo Hoo, a Canadian connection out here...now we just have to watch out for Art, :rofl:

Enjoy the DT class, I am teaching the spoke shave class at the Burlington LV store on the 18th and the same class in London on the 25th...they have me teaching advanced pen making on Nov 2 at Burlington...not much time off eh!

cut to the line buddy, sharp chisels ...:)

Jim,
welcome aboard!

I saw a hockey comment earlier, the real shame is that you won't be in shape to practice draw weight this winter!

count me as a fan of your turning work as well. Hope to be sliding down into the abyss sometime this fall if I ever get my trusses built and the roof put on.

THANK YOU ALL,

It's a huge welcome to see many friends here, Thank you for your kind comments about my work. I am a flat furniture guy, but I do enjoy making pens and supporting our fine men and women in the Canadian Armed Forces with special pens

FW feels Right, I like the site as well, but people make a community and understanding and sharing help it grow, I feel all the right ingredients are here for just that!

Take care,
Jim

:thumb:

Welcome Jim

Take care of the hip................read all the entries on FW in the mean time..........I said ALL since it formation.

Coffee pot is on

Hey Jim, glad to see another Canuck here :thumb:

I'm a misplaced Canuck, living over here in Japan, but still Canadian eh :D

Look forward to your input and some pics, good luck with the hip, I hear that they are doing great thing with that particular surgery, and most folks come out of it with much improvement.

Cheers!

Great another hockey fan....and while I am not a fan of any particular hockey club in Canada, I do enjoy the fact that the NHL has fans and players from several different nations.

On another note, it must be said that I think its great you are using your talents to help the families in the Canadian Military. I certainly do not want to turn this into a political thing, but a lot of people forget that there are many nations over in Iraq and Afghanistan right now and some of those countries have lost troops in action.

Its truly been a joy as an American to have such a good neighbor (canada) so close by and so friendly... heck here in Maine we are literally surrounded by Canada. Welcome to the family....

I-I Capt.

Seems I met you some place before under a tree & you had an apple on your head no no that isn't right. Under a tree Hmmm lets see oh I got it now I think it was at Sophie's BBQ under the big tree in his back yard. You know I think you need to post some of your great ww projects here so we can see them. If I remember right didn't you build a Morse chair & a whole lot of other furniture?

How is your family doing?