Hi from Kansas

Wayne Bower

I signed up because my son Jeff Bower has found this to be a really good source of information. I have been turning bowls for about 10 months or so, starting out on a small lathe built from a Shop Notes magazine, and I am hooked. Looking forward to learning from you all

Hi Wayne, :wave:
Welcome to this place. I am not much of a turner but you have a lot of addicted "round" workers a round here. Any point for you to join in with the enjoyment of the process will really bring out the "juices" of the already hooked and sometimes a "little" "bit" "grinding" lathe folks!!!:D:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I like wood working but do mostly flat work to pay the bills!:)
Welcome and Please join in any chance you get.

Just remember the motto "Flatworkers Rule"!!!!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Shaz:)

Welcome aboard, Wayne. :wave: You'll fit right in. A lot of us turners here are still in the first year or two of the abyss. Heck, some of us even still have a little money left, so you can tell we haven't been at it for real long. :p

My mom grew up in Clay Center and Junction City Kansas...does that count?

Hi Wayne, Welcome to the Family! I really want to see pics of the "small lathe built from a Shop Notes magazine". I thoroughly enjoy seeing home made tools and you have piqued my interest.

Welcome Wayne

Wont hold it against you that you are another one of those turners
or whatever they call themselves.

Coffee pot is on

He finally did it! I've been trying to get him to post something here for awhile now....welcome aboard. Now can we get him to post some pics of his bowls? or maybe the lathe he made? I know my mom is pushing for him to do it too.
Your son:thumb:

You must be tuned into one of my students. She walked into the classroom yesterday and said, "one of my trucks on my tire went flat this morning!!!!" Hmmmmmmmmmm, wonder why most of the class cracked up?????
Yep, seriously, Toto, Indiana. Great buying opportunities for salvage, bankrupt, resale items! Never thought of it before, should name the next dog Kansas!!!

Wow, thanks for the great reception. I don't think I thought of turning as an abyss but maybe canyon. Turning is really addictive. I discovered that I have never taken a photo of the lathe that I built. I will try to get that done soon and post the results so that you can see how crazy I am.