Oldie but Goodie

Pete Jordan

I stopped by the chainsaw dealer and came home with this. It is an 045 AV Super Electronic Ignition. They went thru it from top to bottom and it works great. I am deciding whether to buy a ripping chain since that is what I bought it for.

Attachments

• OLDie.jpg
    OLDie.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 52
Very cool, Pete. I never thought of hitting up the local dealers for used chainsaws. I'll keep that in mind when it's time to replace my cheap (but effective) Poulan. Part of my problem is getting to the dealers around here during the hours they're open. They all seem to be open from around 9:00 to 5:00, and those hours don't mesh well with my schedule.

Great Get Pete!

I've often recommended guys buy used, if you are not feeding the family with the work from a saw, then the used reconditioned saws can be a great deal.

If you get one from a decent dealer, you are way ahead. Often, the pros will only run their saws for so long, some guys do it on the number of seasons, or the total hours, but at some point, they trade in on a new one, because for them, getting the last bit out of a saw is not smart, as they need that saw to work all the time perfect to make their living.

You should get years and years of service out of that saw, and it is the quality of saw that you can easily have it rebuilt as well.

If you have a saw for cross cutting, it is nice to have a ripping chain on one for making the bowl blanks, sure cuts down through that log a LOT easier than a regular cross cut chain, but, you should not do a lot of cross cutting with the ripping chain, not what it was designed for.

Again, great get........... mind if I ask what you paid for it? Mainly to show others what great deals can be had on a good used saw. :thumb:

Cheers!

$250....... :thumb:

Great deal!

I think you got a LOT more saw for your 250 bucks than you would have got new, and, now you are building a relationship with the shop, always a good thing when you need a part or something.

Cheers!