Some bottle stoppers

Don Baer

Staff member
Well I'm getting ready for a craft show this saturday so one of the items I'll be selling is bottle stoppers, I'll also have some combo potpouri bowls/confetti lamps that I'll have. Here's a picture of some of the bottle stoppers, the display/holder is just a chunk of Mesquite that I drilled holes in, I think it looks pretty good.

Bottle stoppers.jpg

The stoppers are walnut , maple, maple and Mesquite. I picked up some Ebony and Black Limba for some more stoppers.

I'll post picture of the booth setup when I get back from the Craft Fair.

I'm interested in your Craft Fairs. LOML paints and is a full time crafter and does very well. OTOH, every time I do some woodworking to try to sell, I almost have to give the stuff away. I know it's all about price, but you would think some people would be able to reconize quality.

Richard

I'm interested in your Craft Fairs. LOML paints and is a full time crafter and does very well. OTOH, every time I do some woodworking to try to sell, I almost have to give the stuff away. I know it's all about price, but you would think some people would be able to reconize quality.

Richard

One thing that I am trying to do is make stuff that is not very time consuming but looks good. When I took the workshop with Sam Maloof one thing he stressed is that if your going to make money from your craft you can't do things that are time consuming, but I'm sure you already know that. All of the items I am making can be made in an hour or less. I figure the folks that attend the craft fair's arn't going to be willing to spend more then $20-$30 unless there is a good reason. The stoppers willl be priced at $20 each along with the bowls. The exception will be the Ebony since they are from a rarer wood so They'll be at $30. another thing I am doing is pricing everything so I can minimise making change.

Those stoppers look great Don,
And I’m still hoping to get up that way for some turning lessons.

You must be expecting some pretty high falutin’ customers at this show… why me and my kind take out the cork and never look back!

Frank Chaffee