How'd I Do?

Norman,

Hmmmmm... Interesting, and it seems like you/they did the best you could.

The fences, Bies and Unifence, were part of an option that Lowes had for the Delta contractor saw. You got the saw for like $499 and then chose the fence system you wanted... Delta T2 for $150, Unifence for $300 or the Bies for $400 extra. I doubt they sold many of the Bies or Unifence options with sales you could get on Amazon, ToolKing etc. Now they only offer the T2, at my Lowes. Even the advertising material listing options in gone now.

One thing I was told, but not sure if I can believe it..... A guy in the electrical dept told me that Lowes was going to be getting their "own model" of Delta saw...slightly different than standard and only available at Lowes. It's supposed to have their own "model" fence too. Supposedly that's why they have been blowing out the Bies and Unifence to get ready for the new model. :huh::dunno:

Maybe you could let the manager know you want one of them, but want to wait till they will be put on clearance like other regions Lowes. Then just keep checking back with them...I'd ask for the tool dept and have them check using the number in the computer.

Good Luck!

Sorry guys - I guess I should have posted this as a Hot Deal. I didn't realize it was nationwide (or close to it).:( I was over at SMC and saw a few other posts on the same deal (came across one earlier) and it looks like there was a near feeding frenzy over it.:rolleyes::D

If I see another deal (in my lifetime), I'll make sure to post it.

Wes