couple of recent jobs

Chris Mire

here are a couple of recent jobs i have been working on. the first is oak and has my first attempt at an angled raised panel hood vent enclosure.

the second is a pretty standard kitchen, knotty cypress with my first attempt at an angular bar with raised top. this one i had to fix because i got some dimensions wrong on my drawing...needless to say i was quite mad about that one.

doors were outsourced because i just don't have the time to do them and keep up with the amount of work i have...guess that's a good problem.

thanks for looking
chris

DSC_0440.JPG

DSC_0441.JPG

DSC_0437-1.JPG

DSC_0442.JPG

DSC_0446.JPG

DSC_0445.JPG

DSC_0438.JPG

Man, Chris...how do you do that?

Superb job!

I would love to be able to do work like that.

Glad to hear you're busy too, cause that means a lot of people benefitting from your talent and dedication to first class results.

Very, Very NICE, Chris. Glad to see you've had something to occupy your time, (and keep your Brain exercised).:thumb::D Do you do your own Finish too, or do the painters do it?

Just curious as to the kitchen floor, it kinda looks like that stained concrete process from the picture, or maybe cork. What is it?

Sorry about the mismeasurement, ('course I've NEVER done anything like that).:rolleyes::rofl::rofl::rofl: Looks like your "Fix" was A-One though, 'cause I sure can't see any screwup.:thumb:

greg, first of all thanks for the nice comments, it really isn't as hard as it looks. i guess it just takes a general understanding of how to do the cabinets...the woodworking part isn't really anything that takes serious skill.

anyway, i did the cabinets only...someone else did the tile work and trim work, although i do plan to do both of those things on my home next year when i build it. along with many other things. hopefully i'll have time to do a thread on the constr of the house.

rennie,

thanks, that's the best compliment, that someone would be willing to let me do their own kitchen...thanks

that is why i love what i do, people get excited about other things in their houses but when the cabinets go in, they really get excited. it makes all the headaches and aggravation go away when you see the look on their faces and know they are satisfied.

thanks again guys i appreciate it....i have 3 other houses i need to take pics of, hopefully i'll get them soon.

chris

norman, thanks very much...no i don't do my own finish work unless it is for my personal projects. i don't have a good place to spray finishes and to be honest i'm just not good enough to take a chance on ruining my work that took so much time and effort. hopefully one day i will have the skill to be able to offer that service to my clients.

by the way it is stained concrete....which i hate because that means i have to tear up all the floor covering that was put down to protect them from drywall mud. stained concrete is really popular around here for economical reason....i like the look of it most of the time...actually plan to do the kids bedrooms with it just to save a little money up front then cover them later.

wes, yes i am saving the pics...but for my website that i want to have, mostly just to be able to send client to in order to see their options.

shaz, thanks, most times it's fun....sometimes not so much...but always rewarding.

norb, thanks alot. i am sure you can handle the kitchen, but if you have any questions i'd be happy to help, that guy steve aint bad with kitchens either :D

thanks steve...there are things that i wish came out better but they are mostly things only i know about.

chris

Hey Chris, you do nice work!

Like the looks of both of those jobs!

The range hood, is that a wooden covering for a steel hood underneath?

Again, thanks for the pics, very nice to look at! :thumb:

thanks stu, yes the hood has a vent that inserts into the underside. there is no other metal underneath except the pipe that goes from the vent to the attic.

bruce, thanks and tell LOYL i said thanks too. you could do it, cabinets really aren't that bad.

thanks guys
chris

Great looking work Chris!

Do they stain and seal the concrete before the cabinets go in? I'm thinking that would make life easier for you, so the must not do it that way :rofl:

thanks john...the process as i know it is to stain the concrete then use baking soda to nuetralize the acid stain, then cover the floor before sheetrock, then after paint is done the covering is removed and the floors are cleaned very very well, a very tidious process, then they are sealed. i am pretty sure the sealer would be ruined by construction if they did it before, but staining must be done right before framing or right after.

thanks again
chris

Man, you have been busy. All of it looks great, Chris. :thumb: I'm sure it's great seeing the owners' responses to seeing their kitchen finished out for the first time.