Twin city

Hi,
The company where I work is sending me to attend
a workshop related with the wind power plant integration.
This workshop will be in St. Paul Minnesota next month.
I will be there four days.
Does anybody know where I could go for shopping
and places that I could visit on my free time.
I read about seven corners store and I found
out that it is near to the hotel where I will stay.
Many thanks in advance
Alfredo

That is where the Mall of America is located. The largest mall in the world. Some 350 stores, indoor amusement park and much more. You shouldn't get bored there.
It's quite a walk, too ... 6 hours of solid walking if you don't stop much ... Not a lot of tool-type stuff there, of course, but there are 3 victoria secret stores!! :rofl:

Watch out for Minneapolis/St. Paul NO PARKING signs. They post them on a pole about 15-20 feet in the air and put no warning on the area of the parking meter where you put money in. They set up cameras so they can see where people are parked in Tow Away zones, since the motorists couldn't see the signs 15-20 feet in the air, and as soon as the NO PARKING time hits, they radio the tow truck driver to tow your car. The Mall of America was pretty boring, I imagined a whole lot more, so it is okay if I never go back to MOA. I took the Segway tour, and had a great time, and the people running the Segway tour were great. Would recommend that. The Zoo is nice too if you have kids, one of the nicest smaller zoos that I have been to. Except to visit some of the fine people that are on this forum and the "other forum", I don't intend on going back to Minnesota. I had lived 38 years without Minnesota, so I can certainly live the rest of my life without going back. The whole parking/being towed thing left a very sour taste. Sure they got their $178, but they lost me and my family as future return visitors to their state. No offense intended to those who live there, and as I said, I met many nice people, but the city government does not treat tourists very well. So the moral is this, look all around the meter, down low and up high, if you don't see any notices there, walk to one street corner and look at every pole, especially up high at the top of the pole where a NO PARKING sign would not be obvious. If the first two checks out okay, then walk to the opposite street corner and looks at the poles there, again especially at the top of the pole. Seriously you have to be very careful. I am just trying to save you, and others the frustration and cost that I went through. Good Luck.

Thanks

Hi,
thanks for your kind answers and advice.
I hope they continue.
Regarding Bill´s answer about visitors, let me tell you this.
We have abi g city in this country, Mexico City.
The people who live there recognice a visitor
for the rest of the country because they usually look
amazing with the big buildings. And we recognice them
because the usually drive like a crazy.
Thanks again
Alfredo