Anyone know what's going on over at the Creek?

Mark,

I'll bet there is some bad weather going through the area. Just a guess but it seems whenever there's a storm going through, this happens.

Ken

What do they say...what goes around, comes around? :doh:

I believe the server is at the admins house....not a regular commercial facility. That probably explains the stability problems during bad weather.

The heck with the server and the creek, I certainly hope Keith and any others affected by the severe weather in parts of the US are doing fine.

I heard in some places they are building an Ark, as it is raining so hard.

We get bad rain here in Tokyo, and flooding some times, not far away, maybe half a mile, but we are on top of a hill, and for us to get flooded, about 90% of Tokyo would have to be underwater :eek:

Again, I hope that Keith and everyone else is OK.

Cheers!

They seem to be OK as of 8:15. May have just been asleep when the server went down. Ah, that didn't come out right.:rofl: In other words, I suspect it was just that Keith wasn't available when the incident happened and didn't notice it until he went to work.

That's better.:D

Wes

I'm usually smart enough to get the hint before I get banned :rofl: :rofl:
I got banned a while after I left the place. Actually, I didn't really get formally banned...just started seeing things stop working. Things then went downhill real fast after a little e-mail discussion I had with Keith regarding my deleted PMs. ;) Nowadays I still show up as a member, but all of my PMs have disappeared, I can't post, and I can't see any pics. Other folks have been "guested", or have had all traces of their existence erased.

As is typical there, they are even inconsistent about how they kick people out. :rolleyes:

Vaughn, it sounds more like you are in the WWPP or Woodworker's Witness Protection Plan. :rofl::rofl:
I have my concerns about the Creek as well, which is why I haven't renewed my contribution this year. I think the biggest problem is with consistancy. After the big bruhaha about Bill Grumbine's post, I saw another post about router tables by an author that basically started out with 'Do I dare say go buy my book?' It doesn't bother me that some one plugged their book and said where to get it and how much, but is was a blatant viloation of the Creek's TOS, and I posted that he shouldn't be surprised if the post got yanked. Several days later it was still there, and not re-worded a bit. That is what bothers me. I still like the place, and it is about all I can read at work when the Web (non)Sense program is working. Can't get here to home base at all. Maybe it has gotten too big to be fair to everyone? Don't know. Just happy with and proud of what we have here. Jim.

Should not get in this, but would have to agree with Todd. Maybe all are dancing to the music as the whole bunch was told all that he wrote it and you have to dance to it. I made my contribution, but seldom visit the site.
Chuck

Gloating of problems over at SMC is classless.

I like both forums and there are other regulars here that are also regulars over there.

The sniping done here is wrong and petty.

Stu, you are an ambassador for FWW. Your comment was compassionate and professional.

I seem to remember when FWW was having server problems and this site when down for a couple days, Keith and or Aarron offered to help get this site back up.

Joe

Last edited:
With all due respect, and I mean that in all seriousness, I don't see anyone "gloating of problems" at SMC? Some are relating the personal experience with their "issues" at SMC, but the way some folks were treated there, I think that is just venting, more out of frustration due to lack of explanation or common courtesy on the part of SMC. Maybe I am way off base here, but some of the email correspondance I received from a certain moderator would make the hardiest of sailor's blush. That goes back to the early days of the Freedom Pen Project, when I raised legitimate questions and concerns, and was banned soon after. Joe, there is a lot of history there that you aren't aware of, and I don't care to go into. Water under the bridge my friend! Again, no disrespect meant toward anyone, or any forum....just my 2 1/2 cents. :wave: