Heavy Heart

My FIL is undergoing a very aggressive chemo treatment for Leukemia. He's been in ICU since last Thursday and is putting up a brave battle. I could tell you more of what he's going through but would rather just say he's ready regardless of the outcome. Nat is a very good and decent man. If you drive across a bridge in West by gosh Virginia, chances are good he had a hand in building it. From an iron worker hanging precariously from high atop a NY City high rise to owner of his own construction company he lived life in an honest fashion with a huge heart lending help to anyone that needed it....including me.

He is the last living son born to Bill & Sally Wilkinson. He is very proud that his brother was a Marauder pilot in WWII and sad the he lost his life in that war. Nat raised a wonderful family and I got the cream of his crop when I married his oldest daughter. I hope he wins this battle...but he's a winner regardless.
Thanks for reading this...it helped me to write it.

John, we will keep Nat and your entire family in our thoughts and prayers. Nat sounds like a most wonderful man, and I am sure he would be deeply moved and appreciative of the words his Son in Law wrote to describe him. Keep the faith and be strong, prayers are on the way.

Sorry to hear about that John. It seems that different forms of cancer are becoming more and more prevalent. I wish him the best and hope he can work through it. Leukemia seems to be one that has seen great advances in treatment!

John, after what we just went through with my dear Mother, and her great recovery, I'll just offer up my prayers for Nat and the rest of your family.

Cheers!

I wish him the best my friend, but if the worst does happen at least you can be glad that he had morals, work ethic and standards that were passed down to his daughter. The bridges he built, while seemingly more noble to some, pale in comparison to raising a child to be productive in this society. The fact that he did that is truly his greatest accomplishment in todays strange world.

As my 13 month old Alyson grows, I grow ten times as much and can only hope she becomes productive as she matures. At the same time I can only hope she weds a man that has as much respect for her father in law (me) as you do for your father-in-law. That speaks volumes about yourself by the way.

Family is all you have in life. The greatest people on this planet know that, and the intelligent ones know it has nothing to do with luck.

By the way, that last statement applies to forums as well. Your FIL will be in my prayers my familly woodworking brother.