Tornado hits close to home

Steve Ash

Today we had a tornado hit very close to home. I was at a tractor show about 30 miles away when I heard that a tornado touched down and took out some of my neighbors barns and property. Last night we had a storm that snapped a tree in our yard but this was much worse this time.

The tornado touched down less than a 1/2 mile from my place this one was the local veterinarians place, then it hit the next neighbor and completely wiped away the big old farm barn. From there it moved again north and hit yet another place completely demolishing house and barn.

......then it travelled 20 miles away and hit my son's apartment, luckily he was not there and was still at work. It was bad enough that the landlord moved my son into another apartment.

I am so Thankful that he is safe.

Here is a link
http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070824/NEWS01/708240355/1312

WOW, Steve... Sure glad your son and neighbors are at least OK...right? What a mess as far as physical damage. You may be a bit busy helping people our for a while, but that's what friends and neighbors do. Hope it was just a once in a great while event.

Take care, and hug your son....

Tornado damage is unbelievable. The nature of the storm is so unusual. Hurricanes, you know they are coming, and know if you're in the path or not. Tornados can drop and hit one house, and leave the ones next door on both sides unscathed! (Only a slight exageration)
Glad your son and neighbors are safe! Jim.

Wow! We had some pretty bad ones go through here about 6-7-ish and had tornado warnings but nothing spotted. It was dark by the time it was all over so I don't know if we lost any branches or anything but it was pretty bad out for a while.

Worse, another cell was headed for Findlay, OH which had major flooding earlier in the week--worst in something like 30 years. A lot of areas flooded that no one believed would, and therefore many of them don't have flood insurance. They really don't need more rain.

Glad everyone is safe.

What really surprised me was that as close as I am to all of this, my "work in progress" still stands. As I said I was at a tractor show when I heard about the tornado, so I called home and after finding out everyone was okay the next question I asked my wife was "Is my barn still standing?"

Proof it is....

Attachments

• 100_3616.jpg
    100_3616.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 19