Installing glass in cabinet doors

Tom Williams

I am nearing the end of the kitchen remodel and getting down to some final details.
I built several cabinets and all of the doors for the project. I have 3 overhead cabinets that we are putting class in the doors. I have the rabbet in the door, but I am wondering what is the best way to secure the glass so it will not rattle. In the past I have used glazing points, and stop bead. I had thought of using a small bead of silicone and the stop bead. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
I have attached photos and I have heard you all like them:D

Attachments

• cab doors.jpg
    cab doors.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Cab door.jpg
    Cab door.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 26
I used silicone on some raised panel doors I converted to glass doors in our kitchen. There wasn't enough room to install any kind of stop. Turned out pretty good.

I started making my own glass hold downs out of wood quite awhile ago. I don't have any pictures because they are such a small part of any project, but I started making my own when I realized customizing them for each individual project was easier than trying to make the store bought ones fit a particular application.

I like making them personally, basically because they must be precise and small. Even if you needed several of them, it does not take long to make a batch when you get set up in production mode.