I finally get to gloat a little

Brought home the new lumber/log/dozer/firewood hauler today. :headbang::headbang: 1988 GMC. 14,000 GVW. 6.2 diesel, 4 speed,new paint, good tires and brakes. Need to build a bed for it, put stacks on it, Hey it's a diesel it has to have stacks :D 137,000 miles. Got it for $1500.

This will beat hauling firewood in the suburban by a long shot!!
Now I can let the wife drive the Burb this winter and store her caprice. If someone runs into the Burb I won't feel bad. Besides it goes better in the snow than the car.

Attachments

• oneton.jpg
    oneton.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 71
I remember in 1988 my Uncle had a neighbor bulldoze some roads up on the mountain for him. That is a piece of land we own that is pretty darn steep, anyway after the guy got done my Uncle said "do you like my new skidder?" The guy looked around bewildered until my Uncle patted his brand new 1988 Chevy pick-up.

He would hitch wood to the bumper and pull it out...tree length as he was cutting logs and pulpwood no less.

We are kind of cagy family like that, using what we got. :)

For what it is worth, we now have 6 skidders, a couple of logging trucks, bulldozers, tractors etc...so we have upgraded, but at the time it worked.

Goodfor you anyway, and if you get the chance check out my website. It has a webpage dedicated to some serious firewood information. It will tell you how many cords that truck will now hold!!

Fire Wood Information

Thanks guys, Travis, Once I get the flatbed with 4 foot sides built and see how high I can stack it I'll let you figure it out :D

Dragging logs out with a pickup wouldn't surprise me in the least. My family tends to do things the same way :D

This picture was on the MyTractorForum awhile ago...I would say that truck is a wee overloaded too. Still I bet the tractor would come in handy pulling out firewood :)

179249404.jpg

Congrats on the new hauler, Robert. I had an '84 Chevy 4x4 pickup with that 6.2 liter engine (and my dad had a matching GMC with the same), and we were both happy with the motors. I had some issues with the electronics in the automatic tranny, but you won't run into that with the four speed.

Nice score. :thumb: