G&G Server, A Work In Progress

Jim Shaver

Hi,

I have been working on a Greene and Greene Server the last month. It's made from curly cherry with ebony accents.

IMG_9534.jpg

IMG_9513.jpg

The top is a bookmatched veneer on MDF with solid cherry breadboards.

IMG_9510.jpg

Still have to make the drawers and clean up some details, just thought I'd share some progress.

IMG_9538.jpg

Take care,
Jim

jim....WOW...love the details..great work, i have always loved that style

can't wait to see it finished, please do us the honors when it's done

i'd say your progress is excellent

thanks for sharing
chris

Wow - I love it. A table very much like this is on my to-do list for this winter - it will become a communion table at our church - matching the altar, font and pulpit I built over a year ago.

Please! Continue to post updates.

Thanks Every one,

This one will have to wait till spring. I closed up my shop for winter yesterday. I am having my surgery tomorrow and I am not allowed to lift things for 14-16 weeks post op, by then it will be December.

But I can still turn some pens and make some Shaker boxes in late October...be well and thanks for your kind thoughts:)

I am having my surgery tomorrow and I am not allowed to lift things for 14-16 weeks post op, by then it will be December.

But I can still turn some pens and make some Shaker boxes in late October...be well and thanks for your kind thoughts:)

Hmmm, guess I won't see you at the Woodstock Woodshow then, eh Jim? that's only about a month.

Are you putting that lovely piece in storage then? Or will you slip it into the house sans drawers? Y'know, you could just turn it around so the drawer openings face the wall, and no visitors would need to know that it is unfinished.

(Unless you're afflicted like I am. I seem to have this continual inclination to point out to everyone all the flaws in my pieces.)

blessings on your surgery!
...art

Exceptionally beautiful piece of furniture. You called it a 'server'. Someone else mentioned a table for communions. Is that what yours is for? I'm not familiar with the term you used with reference to furniture.

Well done Jim.

I wish everything goes fine with your surgery and you can be woodworking sooner than later. On the meantime just keep on posting and participating in this forum.

All the best!

Hmmm, guess I won't see you at the Woodstock Woodshow then, eh Jim? that's only about a month.

Are you putting that lovely piece in storage then? Or will you slip it into the house sans drawers? Y'know, you could just turn it around so the drawer openings face the wall, and no visitors would need to know that it is unfinished.

(Unless you're afflicted like I am. I seem to have this continual inclination to point out to everyone all the flaws in my pieces.)

blessings on your surgery!
...art

Hi Art,

You read my mind, it is coming in and will be turned around to the back of a sofa..

If I can get to Woodstock I will, my friend from Montreal who comes down every year will drive me and carry my purchases.. maybe I will see you there. I love the Woodstock show!

Hey Jim,
Beautiful piece. I love the splines in the breadboard. An attractive solution to a nagging problem!

Best of luck in the hospital and recovery.

When you feel up to it, how about posting some pics of previous work. We are addicted now to Jim Shaver masterworks and I don't know if we can make it through the winter without another inspiring post.:D

Good luck on your surgery Jim !! It'll be nice to see you back healthy and showing us some more of your work (which is absolutely beautiful :thumb:)

cheers eh?

Another gorgeous Shaver piece. We'll be looking forward to the finished pictures next year. In the meantime, all the best on your surgery, and here's to a speedy recovery. :wave: