Got to meet Dave and Nancy Laird

Mark Cothren

The Lairds passed through Conway, Arkansas yesterday and me and Joe Meazle got a chance to meet them over at Dennis Peacock's shop. Dave and Nancy are good folks - it was my pleasure to meet them both for a handshake and a howdy!

From L to R:
- Wes Potts (local guy that I also met last night)
- Dave Laird (sittin' on the stool)
- Joe Meazle
- Nancy Laird
- Dennis Peacock
- Samuel Peacock (Dennis' oldest son)

100_0806.jpg

EDIT: Also, I got to see first-hand some of their fine laser work on some very neat business cards, and also some fantastic pens that Nancy has turned.

Last edited:
...EDIT: Also, I got to see first-hand some of their fine laser work on some very neat business cards, and also some fantastic pens that Nancy has turned.
Wow, they do business cards with that laser thingy? :D (I've gotten two batches from them, and they do look nice.)

I got to meet the Lairds a bit less than a year ago during a quick trip home to Albuquerque. Real nice folks...shame Nancy's such a shy wallflower, though. ;) :rofl:

...shame Nancy's such a shy wallflower, though. ;) :rofl:

Me??? Shy???? Vaughn, you must be thinking of my twin sister who never opens her mouth!!:rofl::huh::huh: (The funnny part is that until I was about 25, I WAS a shy wallflower who never opened my mouth. Don't have any idea what happened.:dunno::dunno:)

It was a real treat meeting with Mark, Dennis, and Joe last night. Mark gave me some turning blanks too--so now I have no excuse for not getting back to the lathe--some black cherry, sycamore, and some Chinese yew that he got from his neighbor's tree that came down a few days ago. Thanks again, Mark.

Nancy (115 days)

Sorry, Mark - JAPANESE Yew!! We'll be back - we make this trip (at least I do) about twice a year. Elderly parents in West Tennessee are the impetus for the trips - just to check on them.

Nancy (115 days)