Wedding goblet

Made this for the manager of the flooring and countertop store where I shop. It's made out of pear and has a walnut oil finish on it. It's going to the engravers now for the bride & grooms name and the inscription " With this ring I thee wed"

Bobby
Louisiana

Attachments

• wedding goblet.jpg.JPG
    wedding goblet.jpg.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 45
Thanks for the comments, they are appreciated. We have been doing business with this store since we built our house in 1984. He has always given us excellent service and products at a reasonable price. Something that is almost unheard of in todays market.

I am in the process of redoing our kitchen now with new tile counter tops and refacing the cabinets and drawers with cypress. Also replacing all of the doors with raised panel doors out of cypress.

Bobby
Louisiana

Thanks for the comments, they are appreciated. We have been doing business with this store since we built our house in 1984. He has always given us excellent service and products at a reasonable price. Something that is almost unheard of in todays market...
Very true, and those folks like that are very worthy of such a nice gift. :thumb:

Bobby,

That is fantastic! i'd like to try one myself, do you have any sort of a tutorial or know here I can view one? I'm good with the goblet and with the rings but the interlocked rings baffle me! Any idea where I can look?

Jerry

Jerry, if you can do the goblet and the rings then your home free. To get the interlocking rings, you have to break one of them and then glue them back together interlocked. Don't cut the ring, actually break it, that way most of the time you can't see the joint. I have used CA glue in the past but most of the time now I use 90 sec. epoxy. There may be a tutorial on the net somewhere but not sure. Do a google on captive rings.

Bobby

Ah-ha! I was thinking to myself that a person could do that but thought there must be some marvel of turning that I hadn't discovered yet! Some times the simplest answers to the most complex questions are right there in front of you! I can't wait to try! Thanks.
Jerry

Ah-ha! I was thinking to myself that a person could do that but thought there must be some marvel of turning that I hadn't discovered yet! Some times the simplest answers to the most complex questions are right there in front of you! I can't wait to try! Thanks.
Jerry
That's one of the things about turning...the things that look hard are often easy, and the stuff that seems simple can be very difficult. ;)