Miter saw stand

Bill Simpson

Talked to Mom on the phone last week and she said she went out to the new house to measure for Blinds and she met the "Finisher" she called him an "Old guy" Remember mom is 86... Anyway...

This weekend I was visiting my mom (86) who is having a new home built, we went to look at the house and found where the finisher who was installing the Crown molding had left his Mitersaw stand in the garage (sans the saw) I thought it was an interesting device and noteworthy and something to share with fellow woodworkers. Looks to be home made and well thought out in design. (I assume he was careful to remove the saw in fear that the sight might be vandalized and "stolen"

P1020160a.jpg

Looks like he went to good care to make it for his satisfaction and ease of mobility, looks like it hinges in the middle and has all the parts necessary to make good cuts and true angles.

P1020159a.jpg

Just thought I would pass this along to those of interest.

Looks like a well thought out design. Can you get a close up of how the legs are attached to the cross-piece?

Unfortnately, I won't be back there till after he is finished but I did do some detailed looking at his creation. Here is a closeup picture....

joint.jpg