`39 babbit bearing dust collector

tod evans

a few folks asked that i shoot some pics of my homemade dust collector...so here goes.......the pump was bought new by my friend jasons grandpa for use in his lumberyard........when osha shut down their gangrip opperation i was able to pick it up for a song........the rest of the system is cobbled together from pipe salvaged from an old defunct feed mill and some baltic birch and sweat equity........works pretty well for me:eek: ........i did salvage augers from the same feed mill but as of yet they`re not installed so i clean it out with snow shovels and trash cans.........
MVC-092S.JPG

MVC-093S.JPG

MVC-094S.JPG

MVC-095S.JPG

MVC-096S.JPG

MVC-097S.JPG

MVC-098S.JPG

MVC-099S.JPG

MVC-100S.JPG

Twin chain drive!! Must have some power there!! It certainly isn't the normal dust collection unit, but it sure looks like it does a good job for you. What guage pipe did you have to go to to keep the pipe from collapsing? :D:D Thanks for the tour. Jim.

Twin chain drive!! Must have some power there!! It certainly isn't the normal dust collection unit, but it sure looks like it does a good job for you. What guage pipe did you have to go to to keep the pipe from collapsing? :D:D Thanks for the tour. Jim.

jim, the main trunk is 1/8" wall 12" dia.......the thinnest pipe in the system is 16ga.....those are 5/8 link belts not chains;)

How often do you crawl up there and grease them ol' babbits?

every other month........if i remember:eek: .........it`ll spin for quite a while if i just rotate by hand.......the motor brake jarrs the whole building when i shut it down..