Folding Utility Knives

Wes Bischel

I'm not sure how great the deal is, but I'm down to one utility knife for the whole house. No, I don't know where they go, but I suspect they are with those socks.:rolleyes:
But I digress. Home Depot has a 5 pack of folding utility knives with 100 blades for $20. They are of nice quality and have a good locking feature for the blade itself (as well as the folding mechanism). Item# 845833

Just thought I would pass this along. I use these for the kitchen junk drawer, garage, misc shop work, etc. not necessarily heavy, hard cutting.

Wes

Attachments

• 5pack knives.jpg
    5pack knives.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 43
Those look like a good deal. I may indulge.

My all-time favorite utility knife is also a 'Husky,", but they've apparently discontinued it. It's a nicely made, chrome plated shell, with a retractable mechanism, and at the back end, a football shaped 'holder' that has sixteen blades in it. To change blades, you just retract all the way back, turn the knob one notch, and run a new blade out. the 'football is reversible, for a total of thirty-two edges. I'm now on my next-to-last blade in my second 'football,' and can't find any replacements. Bummer!

My local Home Depot didn't have the 5-packs, but I did pick up a single for about $8.00. I have several regular ol' Stanleys, but I figured a folder might be handy around the house and yard.

Did you even notice that it takes a utility knife to open a utility knife package? :rolleyes:

Did you even notice that it takes a utility knife to open a utility knife package? :rolleyes:

I don't know how many times that sort of thing has happened to me. One day I was in the parking lot trying to get something open and a guy walked up with one of those combination knife, pliers and I don't know what else and opened it right up for me. I have intended to buy one of those ever since but have not gotten around to it as the ones that I have seen of good quality have been pretty expensive. Anyone have a deal on those?

I see that Frank has a link to a company that has a lot of those but I need to see them in person to evaluate the size and I do not know about the price. I guess that the more you pay the better tool that you get just like our other tools. PC or Milwaukee quality would be great.

Last edited: