White Walls, shop update.

Bartee Lamar

When last we visited the shop clean up madness, I had cleaned out 16 contractor bags of stuff out of the shop. This opened up an area completely for a future assembly and/or spray area. It had plain concrete block walls. So I got a 5 gallon bucket of masonry white latex and 4 3/4" rollers and put two coats of paint. It LOOKED GREAT.

This really changed the way I felt about the basement being my shop. So I decided before I did more wiring etc in the shop to paint some more. Here are the results.

Before and after pictures.

IMG_0212.jpg IMG_1069.jpg

the "tool" wall Before

IMG_0223.jpg IMG_0568.jpg

the tool wall after

IMG_1070.jpg IMG_1071.jpg

I think you can see the difference. In all I used 8 gallons of paint.

This all came from some inspiration from visiting Marty's shop. The clean white and the amount of light just makes it somewhere you want to be.

I truly do NOT know how Marty did what he did for a year!!!!! I have put in a lot of hours getting my shop ready for some productive work, but not where near year long journey that Marty took.

Looks great! At least you have a basement in which to set up the shop! I swap cars and move equipment (well every 6 months or so :rofl:)

Jay

That's the ticket. One of the best things I ever did was put white epoxy paint down on the GaShop floor. It's amazing how much it brightened the whole place up and improved the overall visibility (except for making it a bit harder to find shiny metal parts on the floor when you drop them - DAMHIKT). I've got white on the walls too but it's ancient and badly needs a re-coat. You're a lucky man. White walls, loads of clamps, and no vehicle parked in there!

Bartee,

Sorry if visiting with us made more work for you!, but I know you'll love those white walls! :thumb:

Your progress is impressive! Forget the pace I maintained, just do what you're able to, when you're able to! It's looking really good! :thumb:

- Marty -

And if you can "handle" multiple colors in the same room, you can use up the various leftover paints from painting projects around the house.

My garage is white, mint green, pale yellow, sky blue and light pink.
It's 100% better than the yellowed 35 year old sheetrock ceiling and the 4 raw concrete block it was before.

And I used up around 10-12 partially filled paint cans that were being stored in the garage. The kids had a blast helping out and paint slopped on the unpainted (yet) garage floor is no big deal.

Cheers

Jim M