It's official.....

Jim O'Dell

I've alluded to this in a couple posts, but I gave notice this morning at the dealership I work at, and will start a new job in Weatherford, well Hudson Oaks really, on 9/18. It was really hard to tell most of the people I work with that I will be leaving. Some really good people there, as well as a couple that I'm glad to get away from. If things work out like I think they will, bring that PM2000 sale back this time next year and I'm all over it like honey. Hmmm honey mustard in the shop....:D Jim.

Congrats, Jim. Will you be doing the same type of work, or something completely different, i.e., O'Dell's Sprinkler Repair Service? :rofl:

Thanks guys!

Too cool. But Geez - no time off in between? You need to work on that.:D

Hey, I took 3 days off last week and reroofed the leaky section of my shop, doesn't that count??:rofl:

Congrats, Jim. Will you be doing the same type of work, or something completely different, i.e., O'Dell's Sprinkler Repair Service? :rofl:

Yeah, and watch me really go broke!! Or do you call that repeat business???:eek:

No. I'll still be a service advisor, but going from Lincolm/Mercury to Chevrolet, and a much bigger dealership with lots more service work. The parts manager when I started at the present dealership, almost 8 years and 2 owners ago:dunno:, is the parts director for all 8 dealerships this guy owns. Jaime was a big help in getting me in. Most of the advisors there have already made more than I'll make this entire year. It hurts being at a small dealership with limited clientel. But it's hard to leave my faithful clients and most of my fellow workers.
Thanks again! Jim.

OH! OH! one more thing!!! Right now I work 5 hours every other Saturday. At the new job it is 4 hours 1 out of 6 Saturdays! I just gained 9 hours in the shop every 6 weeks.:thumb::thumb::clap::clap:

Last edited: