Belt sander mishap

almost had another road trip steve:eek: at least it didnt get you instead of the board.. man you really should just give it to a enemy and snicker while you replace it with abetter one.. hey sharpen those bits and they will fit better,, they were gettin bad when i wsa there:D:rofl: or maybe it was the operator this time:rofl::rofl:

You can't kill them. they reign forever... As long as you have a belt to fit, they are always at hand.

"this thing still operates and runs."

Time to terminate. With extreme prejudice! ;)

I've got an ancient one that arcs so much I barely need shoplights... ;)

I'm told they started making better ones several years ago... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Similar thing happened here a few months a go with my big Makita belt sander.

I was in the shop and turned on the sander but it wouldn't work. I changed the fuse in the plug and plugged it back in. The sander FLEW off the bench straight into my pride and joy!

Ouch!

It's always a good idea to make sure you've not left the trigger locked on...

:doh:

Very rarely do I use a belt sander.
I set the sander down, turned around to do something, heard a crash, and seen the ol' sander on the floor. That shut if off. :rofl:
View attachment 12287
I guess it decided to take off on its own. :huh::huh:

Hey Steve, you gotta keep a "Close Eye" on them tools you get off of E-Bay when the seller is listed as "Evil Knievel".:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Man am I glad that was a belt sander and not a hand planer. The trigger sticks on my hand planer sometimes and that is what I often use to trim doors down. Very rarely do I dig out my belt sander now for anything.

I guess it decided to take off on its own. :huh::huh:

Heres the path it took, taking a gouge out of a hard maple board before leaping off the bridge of death. :lurk: ( This is so funny, the way it is written, I laughed til I read the next creative attachment about Daniel...Oh and dthe little Face eating popcorn waiting in suspense!!!!!:thumb:)...S
View attachment 12288

And here's Daniel, poking it like you would a supposedly dead raccoon to see if it's still alive. ( And I laughed some more...:D...S ) :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Thanks Steve, I needed that.:D:rofl:
Shaz...S

we tried

to get you a replacement steve at the auction theyhad several small belt sanders and one similar to yours, the only problem is they sold all four of them at one time,, i was usre that ione would have a good switch but ciouldnt test them sio we passed on them:rolleyes: saw several old planes as well and they were going rerasonable...25$ your choice first round then 15 then 12 then 7,,, some were of breed like mcintyer and some from sandusky ohio... had no bedrocks though....just watched them go thinkun of you all the time ya shudda been there steve.