HVLP Spray Gun Recommendations

That would be a great low air volume requirement gun Bart. In fact, I think that is the one that Gary chose. It requires 5-9 cfm at 30psi so just check your compressor and make sure that it puts out that much. If not you will have to wait some for the compressor to catch up at times. That is about as low of an air volume requirement that you will find I think.

I find it handy to have a regulator right at the gun so if it were me I would add the regulator that is listed under accessories. I am sure that it must be a good one. If you plan on spraying dyes and or stains you might consider the 1.0 tip but that sure runs the price up. Or maybe try to get them to trade the 2.2 for a 1.0 if you never plan on spraying latex. Probably won't work but worth a try.

Last edited:
That blue model Asturo is the gun I am ordering Bart. But I think your compressor with a 1hp motor might fall short of the necessary CFM air volume. My 4hp compressor puts out about 8CFM at 40 lbs pressure.

I wish I had your tank, though. Mine is just a measly 20 gallon. I got it so I would have the portability of working around automobiles our in the driveway.

How much do the different needles for the gun cost, anyway?

Gary Curtis