Just a thread for my project pics.

Here are some more pics, progress is slow, but that's what happens when this is a hobby.

This is a pic of the post mortised out.

Closer pic of the post mortises

Mortise in the end of one of the front stretchers between post.

Clamping setup for end grain mortise in a long piece. Used some of those "on/off" magnets and was very impressed by all the jigs those could be used in.

Aaron, your last pic shows those new on/off magnets with a toggle clamp. Are the magnets strong enough to give decent clamping with the toggle?

BTW, what are you building?
It looks good.

More progess, finally

Here is a few more pics of the progress I have made.

Pic of creating the 1/4" square mortises on my drill press
Mission Bed 015.jpg

Pic of a board that is done with the mortises.
Mission Bed 016-2.jpg

Pic of some of the stiles with the tenons
Mission Bed 020-2.jpg

This is pics of the footboard dry fitted together.

Left half
Mission Bed 021-2.jpg

Right Half
Mission Bed 022-2.jpg

I think this is the way I will end up with the stile grain orientation.
Mission Bed 023-2.jpg

Now all I have to to is tape off the glued places and decide on a stain and I can glue up this part, make the top caps for the footboard and move on to the headboard.

Footboard Done

This is the footboard all stained and glued. Had to stain and glue it up so I could get it out of the way. It starts taking up a lot of space in the basement, but now I can finish the footboard (most pieces cut, need to cut a couple more stain and glue) and the side rails (haven't started).

Mission Bed 025-2.jpg
The picture was taking in the room its going, it will just sit there until the other pieces are done.

Clamping setup for end grain mortise in a long piece. Used some of those "on/off" magnets and was very impressed by all the jigs those could be used in.
[/QUOTE]

i think this one arron the machine that is going to cut the mortise here a white machine from what i can see it looks like a mulit router??/

i think this one arron the machine that is going to cut the mortise here a white machine from what i can see it looks like a mulit router??/

Those magnets came in very handy, since they can be used in a lot of jigs they can be very versatile since you can just switch them out.

Larry, that is a mortising attachment on the back of my FS41. Would I buy it again, that's a tough one. I did get a good deal on it since I purchased it as the same time. It does allow you to do very long and thick loose tenons, these were 5" wide, 3/4" thick and the mortise went 1 1/2" into the rail and post to make them 3" long..

You could probably accomplish the same thing with a Dowel Max using a lot of dowels. You could use a Domino but you would have to use a few to equal that one big tenon. Overall I am happy with using the machine for the tenons, partly because they came out so well, I just have to use to that attachment so I can make them faster, was the first time with it.

Looks beautiful.

Is that that multi-router thingy you used for the end grain mortise?

woops, NM

Last edited: