I feel so...so...dirty. :p

Joe Tonich

Finally got my shop 'good' dirty. :banana: Could not handle it no more, so I started roughing a bowl and decided to finish it too. (A month ago I started overhauling the shop..thats another story. :doh:)Wasn't going to set up the vac. pump, but needed it, so thats done too. :thumb: STILL need to organize. :eek:

Think the bowl is maple. Tore out like crazy, but oiling it then finish cut helped a lot. The 100 grit got the rest. Dunno....think it's about 8" x 3"x 3/8" thick. I'm gonna oil it again tonight n' buff tomorrow....then get (hopefully) better pics.

Dang it feels good to turn again. :clap::clap::thumb:

dirty002.jpg

dirty001.jpg

dirty006.jpg

dirty004.jpg

dirty005.jpg

That's a really nice chunk of wood !! I'm keeping my eyes open for highly figured wood like that, but most people around here burn it, so usually by the time I get to it, it's split pretty small :(

cheers

A person can only take so much shop cleaning and organizing before it's time to make a mess. Now we know your breaking point is about a month. :p I'll bet it felt good. There were several days last week (and weekend) where it was too hot (and too busy with work) here for me to do any turning. After a few days, I'm Jonesin' pretty bad for the spin crack.

The bowl came out real nice, BTW. :thumb: