Milwaukee Jig saw opinion?

I do not have their jigsaw but I have several Milwaukee tools and they are teriffic. I would not hesitate to get that saw if I needed one at this time. I see that it got five stars over on Amazon. Last year there were a lot of threads on jigsaws on several forums and I do not remember one single negative report on the MIlwaukees.

This guy, Tom Hintz, gives what I think are fair reports and here is one on the 6268. http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/m6268jgsawrvu.html

Grab it and let us know how you like it.

Last edited:
I have 2 Milwaukees a corded drill and an angle grinder. I love them both.

As far as jigsaws go I got the Bosch 1590, and I love that too. My only complaint is that the metal front gets pretty hot after mild use. Still I get glass smooth cuts every time and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Basically what I'm saying is Milwaukee is great, so I doubt you'd be disappointed, but the Bosch is another good choice you might want to consider.

EDIT: Actually looking at that link that Allen Bookout posted, I'm not sure which I'd buy if I was in the buying stage right now. I know I'd definitely give the Milwaukee some serious consideration at the very least.

Last edited:
As far as jigsaws go I got the Bosch 1590, and I love that too. My only complaint is that the metal front gets pretty hot after mild use. Still I get glass smooth cuts every time and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

EDIT: Actually looking at that link that Allen Bookout posted, I'm not sure which I'd buy if I was in the buying stage right now. I know I'd definitely give the Milwaukee some serious consideration at the very least.

Like you Allen, I got a Bosch last year. It was the 1591 barrel grip. It cuts very well but there are a couple of things that I do no like about it. I would be willing to bet that I would like the Milwaukee 6268-21 better after taking a close look at it.

OK Dennis, here is a deal for you. Why don't you get the Milwaukee and if you do not like it I will trade you even steven for my Bosch 1591.

Last edited:
Milwaukee Jig Saw

Based on Allen & Allen's comments I think I'll go with the Milwaukee
Thanks for the advice everyone.
I try to buy locally if I can find the tool at a reasonable price (unfortunately not usually the case) or from Amazon, where do you think the best place to get it might be?
Thanks
Dennis

where do you think the best place to get it might be?
Thanks
Dennis

Steve or Tod, I cannot remember which, in an earlier thread suggested this site to compare prices. Right now it looks like Tools-Plus has the best price of the companies listed. http://www.toolseeker.com/Saws/Jigsaw/6268-21.asp?var1=6268-21

Another place I alway check, especially for Milwaukee tools, is heavydutytools.net. They are kind of hit and miss but when they have a deal it is usually the best price around. I just took a quick look and they do not seem to have it right now.

The cool thing about living where I do is that I could buy the Milwaukee test it out and sell whichever one I don't want for full price. Tools are crazy expensive here.

Still thats not something I'd do any time soon, I got other tools to buy.

Milwaukee jig saw

The Milwaukee jig saw arrived today. Since I'm going to make a day bed for my granddaughter I immediately did some test cuts both straight & curved. Remember I've only use a Skil jig saw before so that's my comparison.
I was truly amazed , the Milwaukee cut perfectly, absolutely no vibration,it has a small arrow on the base to guide the cut,it has blower to push the sawdust away from the cut. It has a light so you can see where you're cutting (I wish my Bosch router had a light). I only had to guide the saw, never push it.
I cut a piece of 1 x 6 pine (I have some oak laying around which I'll try tomorrow) but it went through it like butter. I had some pieces of 2" x
6""treated deck lumber from when I built my son's deck recently. When I was building the deck I only had the Skilsaw & I had a very tough time cutting through the 2 x 6's,lots of vibration, very had to track the line, wandered all the time,(of course it couldn't have been the operator) the Milwaukee had none of these problems & went through them with absolutely no trouble.
Overall of all the tools I've purchased recently I think I'm happiest with this, I'd certainly buy another Milwaukee tool (although when I told my wife I was buying it she said "another saw?", she just doesn't understand)
Thanks for all your advice...I couldn't be happier with this tool
Dennis

Isn't that a great feeling? I remember posting when I got my Bosch 1591VSK. I think I said something like "I never knew a jigsaw was actually a tool" or some such. I love how I can set the speed really slow and still have the power to take my time following a line across 6/4 walnut. It truly is a wonderful surprise. Congrats.

Dennis,

I guess that the deal is off according to what your report had to say. I did not see anything about the trade. I am glad that you are happy with it. I would have felt horrible if it had turned out any other way.

Allen

Awesome Dennis, I am happy for you. I too went from horrible jig saw to great jig saw so the difference for me was dramatic as well. But after having owned my Bosch for a while I'd love to play with a Milwaukee to see which I prefer.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Milwaukee came out on top, I do love their tools but I also love my Bosch tools. The good thing is that there are a few good tool manufactures out there that are competing for our dollars with quality instead of price.

Congrats.

Congrats, Dennis. Glad to see it's beating your expectations. Add me to the list of folks who were blown away when they felt the difference between a cheap jigsaw (Black and Decker, in my case) and a good one (Bosch 1591VSK in my case). ;)

Milwaukee Jig saw vs Bosch

Just thought I'd let you know that the FWW 2008 tool guide rates the Bosch jig saw just slightly better than the Milwaukee, however the Bosch doesn't have a light while the Milwaukee does... for me the light is very important advantage so for this reason (at least for these 63 year old eyes) I'd still buy the Milwaukee. My Bosch router doesn't have a light while my Craftsman does, again for me, the light is a big advantage.
Dennis

It is funny how a seemingly small thing like that makes a difference. My old Craftsman jigsaw had and light and I did not think much about it. Then I got my Bosch which does not have a light and I really miss it at times.