Figured Maple Bowl

Ben Werner

This is by far the prettiest wood I have worked with so far.
I turned it wet so it is warping now a bit but thats ok... it shows up like crazy in the second and third photo... doesnt really seem that bad.

6*1 3/8 inches. Poly and buffed with wd and carnauba wax. its finish is much better in person, nice and shiny. Critique please!!!

IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1599.jpg

IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

Ben, very nice treatment of a very pretty piece of wood! I looked up your hometown there, and I was just a few miles down the road from you when I was up for the CNY Turners last week! Of course, you might have had trouble fitting in at the table with Ned and Mark and myself! :eek: It is too bad we didn't get together while I was up there. Perhaps next time...

Bill

Looks great, Ben. Real pretty wood, and you did an excellent job with it.

Pretty impressive for a teenager, if you ask me. :) You keep this up and you'll be doing amazing stuff by the time you're 20. :D

Ben, very nice treatment of a very pretty piece of wood! I looked up your hometown there, and I was just a few miles down the road from you when I was up for the CNY Turners last week! Of course, you might have had trouble fitting in at the table with Ned and Mark and myself! :eek: It is too bad we didn't get together while I was up there. Perhaps next time...

Bill

hey now, we had 4 or five extra chairs... the real question is, could he have gotten a word in edgewise?

Ben,
beautiful work on the bowl and the HF you posted earlier. Great job!

Very pretty bowl and wood! The classical shape allows the wood to display it's beauty without any competing form! Nicely done!