Ruckering anyone?

Jeff Horton

Ruckering is a term that was coined in the OWWM circles, It came about because of Keith Rucker who had the ability to get other wood workers to help move and store machines across the country till they got close enough he could go pick them up. It's quite common in OWWM circles for members making a trip to help another member by hauling a machine or parts around.

I know it's a long shot but I have found a machine in Detroit and I need it to come south. So what the heck, I would toss it out here and see if anyone was able to help. I wanted to get it moved to just North of Chicago the first weekend in Oct. because it could be moved almost to my door by a freind. But it's not working out that way. So, if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

I know it's a long shot but I have found a machine in Detroit and I need it to come south. So what the heck, I would toss it out here and see if anyone was able to help.

We got a few members from that area, Matt Meiser, Doug Shepard, Jim Young and Brent Grooms come to mind.

I am north and west of Detroit about 1 1/2 hours away and Larry Merlau is another 45 minutes past me...probably a lateral move isn't much help....but Larry has a new shop with lots of room to store stuff.

We got a few members from that area, Matt Meiser, Doug Shepard, Jim Young and Brent Grooms come to mind.

Unfortunately anything Jeff is likely to buy aint going to fit in the back of my Aztek or at least without bottoming the suspension out:(. Otherwise, a trip to Chicago would be cool.

Thats why you beg borrow or steal a small trailer. ;)

Seriously, if any in the area is thinking about goint to Arn Fest I am willing to put some money in the gas tank if they could haul this machine. This is small machine and around 300#? Just a guess there, but it's not a monster.

Jeff,

What Day and time are you taking about. I'am retired and i could use a road trip. Only thing is you gotta have somebody to load and unload cause i cannot lift anything. I'am only about 1 1/2 hours from Detroit.:wave:

Bill Lewis

William, I appreciate that offer. I have one pending now that may work. Same type of thing, back surgery and can't lift it. So I am waiting to see if the owner and son can load it. Thanks for the offer, will keep you in mind if this falls through.