Hook Tool

Chuck Beland

I want to do some boxes & such. I have no hollowing types of tools I've heard you can make a hook tool has anybody ever done this or can give me a link to be able to do this.

Thanks

Chuck

You'rr welcome, Chuck, but the other members are the ones with the real answers to your needs... :D

Be sure to post pics and details of your tool building and projects. Others will then be able to benefit too. :thumb:

As soon as I have time to make them right now were starting our busy season at work & that will last until after mid January. (I'm a Mailman)

Chuck

Chuck, I learned how to make hook tools from Alan Lacer, the "Skew Master" guy. I have made several of these, and they are pretty simple to make. Done properly, they work VERY well for cutting end grain in tight places, like the interior bottom/top of end grain boxes. Here is a link to the tutorial Alan has on making his version of the hook tool:

http://www.alanlacer.com/handouts/ho-hooktool.html

Chuck, you might check Darell Feldmate's aroundthewoods site. I have made some hook tools out of 1/4" oil hardened drill rod, so that they would fit in my Oland tool shaft. I have not used the tool all that much but what I have done the tool has worked quite well. The aroundthewoods site has been very helpful for me as I have just been turning about a year. He has several tools that he makes that are very easy to make and very useful.:thumb: