Restorations so far complete

Jeff Horton

Since there is all this talk about restoring old machines thought I would toss out some quick photos of the ones I have done. Will skip the ones to be done since they out number the completed ones. :)

DeWalt RAS, my first restoration

My Unisaw which I have all ready posted photo of.

The Powermatic Planer

You can see more photos of the restoration process at my web site. Excelsior Woodworks.

I am hoping to start on this sad puppy by the weekend. Shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks to complete. Assuming I don't find any really unexpected problems that is! 1946 Delta HD shaper. Once this one is complete I will have even. That is half the iron in my shop will be restored and in service.

sad_shaper.jpg

Jeff
Who wonders if he has sawdust or rust in the veins??

Last edited:
Nice. If I had the patience to restore old tools I certainly would own more of them. My buddy Steve Ash (name dropping here) restored the Oliver and it got me thinking about doing something like this also. But as it turns out I may be a little on the lazy side.

Jim, if you enjoy doing it, it's not work. If you don't enjoy it, it's hard work and you will probably never finish what you started. Lots of old arm sitting around torn apart and never gets past the boxes it is stored in.

Obviously I enjoy it. Of course before I get this shaper cabinet done I will be wishing I was doing something else!

Looking great Jeff I love seeing old stuff brought back to life.

Nice. If I had the patience to restore old tools I certainly would own more of them. My buddy Steve Ash (name dropping here) restored the Oliver and it got me thinking about doing something like this also. But as it turns out I may be a little on the lazy side.

You mean this old rusted out hunk a arn?

Attachments

• 100_1850.jpg
    100_1850.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 20
Hi Guys,
THIS I LIKE....:thumb:
Well I have a cpl in the works but only one so far and it was a complete tear down new leads on the motor bearings on screws and paint.
I have the Snowflake but not any pics of it other that on the tralor but will get some for the room
Reg

Attachments

• myrtelwoodtbltop081.jpg
    myrtelwoodtbltop081.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 23
  • a522ee52.jpg
    a522ee52.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 21
  • da03db76.jpg
    da03db76.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 22