Well they are on their way

The birds that is. Yep being seeing them flying south all day. Flock after flock of them, some in the perfect vee formation, and some that weren't. Still they are on their way south.

As a side note, the hills here in Thorndike are starting to turn color. Nothing heavy yet, but there is color on them there hills I tell ya. Here is a picture to prove it.

If Alyson was not sick and home with me, I would run down to the swamp and take some pictures of the Red Maples. (They like swampy places to grow). Right now you can catch them at the right time. They are bright red while everything else is still pretty much green. Makes for nice contrast.

Anyway here is what I am looking at right now. And yes I do need a windmill!! :)

Color_on_the_Hills-546x412.jpg

Well I did not get any replies on this, but I am sure there are others out there that enjoy fall foliage pictures. I found this website via the Maine Forest Service and they take pictures from all over the state. Thanks to modern technology you can all see the foliage and not have to leave home and brave our cold temps to see it.

As I type this, its down to 30º with a heavy frost. Here is the link to the Maine Forest Service Fall Foliage Report and Photogallery.

http://www.maine.gov/doc/foliage/photogallery/index.html

Meant to tell you I have seen a couple of you V's flying in. Lots of Canadian Geese winter here on the Tennessee River.

No colors here yet except brown leaves. :) But heck I am still mowing grass.

We should start seeing birds fly over here soon on their way to Mexico.

And thanks for the foliage pics, Travis. :thumb: