BITTER END!!!!!

larry merlau

well my birhtday wknd ended with a very sour taste i my mouth,, i was burglarized last night before i went to work this am.. got alot from the old shop that we had bixed up for moving to the new one and oh steve A the ol betsy we had apicture with is gone too.... so what was lookin like a good wknd turned very bitter end.... Mr C they didnt get my planes:thumb:

That stinks. I've had the experience and really feel for your loss. I have had a reasonably sophisticated alarm system ever since the break in. Battery and cellular back-up and all that.

Of course as long as I'm paying for the alarm service, no one will try to steal anything . . .:dunno: at least it gets me a break on my homeowner's insurance. What was stolen last time would have paid for the service for several years. The insult to injury thing is that if I had filed a claim, the cost for insurance would have doubled for the next 3 years so I ate it:bang:.

Larry, thats to bad, If your interested, I can hook you up with a personal alarm system thru my son's audio business. Also you most certainly get the family discount. Lets get your new shop protected. Let me know if I can be of any Help!

Tom

Larry, that is terrible. I am sorry to hear of the robbery. I though hope the cops get them before you do as they even if convicted probably won't get much, but if you were to find them and take it out of their hide, you would be hung. Don't know what the world is coming to, but at times isn't pretty. I fear a cold winter will bring on more thieving as money does seem tight to most people.

Oh man, that stinks. I cannot fathom how someone can do that - how do they justify stealing? It would be too much shame and guilt for me to handle. I guess some just don't care.

Larry, I hope you have good luck getting your things back.

Wes

Bummer Larry, My heart aches for you. I'd be beside myself with rage if it happened to me.

well rennie as today has progressed the steam has rizen for sure see one of the things they got was my bow that i had had for 13 yrs and was well tuned and had alot memiores with it..that is one thing you dont just pick up and sight in and go the season starts this coming monday,, so that has been burnun me up as well as the rest.. not good day all taul and tod if i was to be lucky enuff to find them, i might be havun some free roam board.... thanks for the concern folks will fill ya in later on what shakes put of the briars:wave:

Larry, I feel your pain and anger. Been there and done that! Scumbags!!!! What a waste of good air space. I hope "they" find your stuff, but if I were you, I wouldn't hold my breath!

Nancy (88 days)

Well brother Larry, when they steal from you they've stole from me as well....

I have had thieves steal from me at my jobsites on several occasions, I always have felt so violated, but the worse was when the no good thievin (add your own expletive here folks) broke into my sons house while we were building it and stole his jacuzzi tub, all his plumbing and electrical fixtures and accessories....then YOU become more of a victim because of your deductible on your insurance....they steal from you twice.

Officers wouldn't even come to one of my jobsites, gave me the the paperwork number over the phone and said there wasn't anything they could do unless they caught them in the act....even the footprints were of no help (he said) so I said....I get it officer, what you want me to do is stay here at night with a loaded gun and take care of bizznezz huh?.....he said Oh No, we can't have any of that kind of stuff going on....

Makes NO sense to me at all, they don't want to do squat to even have a look to see what evidence might be there that would help.

Sorry to hear ole Betsy is remiss, I got some high powered flat trajectory iron with hubble telescopes mounted on top that can peck off a grasshopper at 300 yards if you'd like one on loan...in fact since I load all my own ammo, you can have a bunch of that to....jest fer practicin:thumb:

Hope they catch the lowlifes....and the reason they didn't want the handplanes?...well that might look too much like work for them scoundrels.

and tod if i was to be lucky enuff to find them, i might be havun some free roam board.... :

folks trip and fall near crime scenes all the time:rolleyes:.......plumb amazing how klutzy theives are......i`m sure officer friendly would agree......at least in these parts;)

Larry, I really feel the pain for you, as I won't even go into all that has been stolen from us in the last 5 years, (as you would hardly believe it anyhow). I really don't know why I even pay for insurance, because if I had filed a claim, the Insurance would have gone up so much that I couldn't have afforded it, so we have eaten all the losses. I will say that they have changed the laws here in Tx., and you can SHOOT them now to protect both your family AND Property. I just can't seem to catch them in the act, (and they'd better NOT let me catch them either)!!!

About a month ago, two guys broke into a man's work truck here, and were stealing his tools and spare tires during the night and he heard them and shot one of them but the other one got away. The Police took his report and didn't even charge him with anything.:thumb: I understand they actually caught the other one later, (which has been a rarity up til now).

I hope you can recover your stuff and the LOWLIFES can be caught.

I feel for you Larry. I was in business for many years and on average we either got burgled or ripped off in some other way once every year. My first experience with it was coming in to an alarm call and seeing my shop garage door ripped right out of the frame by the thief who used a truck to drive thru' it.

My sympathy to you!!

Dear Larry,
Your loss is distressing. :( I am sorry this has happened. I don't think they would steal from you if they knew you.
Check the pawn shops, the thieves are probably too lazy to use the equipment. Stay on your craig's list for tool sales, and hang in there.

Yeah that does stink! Someone stole a guitar from a friend of mine a few years back. He got a tip, and found it at a pawn shop. Police still wouldn't do anything about it, and he had proof it was his. He had to buy it back! Now that hurts. Hope yours find their way back home. Jim.

Larry, I feel your pain and anger. Been there and done that! Scumbags!!!! What a waste of good air space. I hope "they" find your stuff, but if I were you, I wouldn't hold my breath!

Nancy (88 days)

thanks for the kind words nancy and i know exactly what you mean i got pilferd and now the insurnace company will take there part afterwards... and to add insult to injury,,the officer that came didnt feel trying for prints were of any use,,yet the state troopers said i that they should have tried:huh: called the sherriff and got the under sheriff voiced my thoughts on how it was handled and havnt heard back from them