new toys.....err.....I mean....tools.

Frank Fusco

I just received my Scorpion hollowing set from Don Pencil.
http://www.donpencil.com/
This set was recommended at the 'other' site. I bought the blem set as it was half the full price. For the life of me, I can't find anything objectionable on the set. A couple small (very small) areas where the chrome isn't perfect but nothing I would complain about on a set supposed to be perfect.
This is one hunkin' heavy duty tool. Comes with plenty of usable parts plus adapters for use with hollowing tools of other manufacturer.
Only small downside, UPS took eleven days to get it here. Don's service was same day shipping.
Color me giddy. :laugh2:

Congrat Frank, hope it works well for you! Keep us posted and looking forward to something ... ummm ..holler!

Corey

Good gloat, and sounds like a real good deal, Frank. I've heard good things about the Don Pencil tools. We'll be waiting to see what that set can do. :thumb:

I've been saving up my lunch money to get a captive hollowing rig...I've got my eye on the Monster Tools MHFL captive rig. It lists at about $450 (for everything, including the laser), but I figure if I dive in, I might as well dive in all the way. ;) Then again at that price, I may try to get part of it built by a co-worker of mine who does metalwork. Either way, I'm still a bunch of PB&J sammiches away from owning one. :)

Good gloat, and sounds like a real good deal, Frank. I've heard good things about the Don Pencil tools. We'll be waiting to see what that set can do. :thumb:

I've been saving up my lunch money to get a captive hollowing rig...I've got my eye on the Monster Tools MHFL captive rig. It lists at about $450 (for everything, including the laser), but I figure if I dive in, I might as well dive in all the way. ;) Then again at that price, I may try to get part of it built by a co-worker of mine who does metalwork. Either way, I'm still a bunch of PB&J sammiches away from owning one. :)

I haven't seen the Monster except on-screen. But the Scorpian is 3/4" stock and qualifies as "monster". Very stout, well designed equipment. I have been putting off buying hollowing tools for more than four years because of all the conflicting opinions regarding most on the market. But when the Don Pencil equipment was discussed and I looked it up, there was no turning back. It appears to be the best value around. The quality of workmanship is top drawer. And, at about $300.00 LESS than the Monster, worth considering.