A few past projects

As requested in the introduction area, here are three of the things I have made for others. THe first is a couple of loungers I made for LOML's daughter and son-in law. They were my first real successes. The second is a key cabinet made for my sister. It was a real challenge for me, but came out good. The third is a watch display box for my son. I wanted to make the carcas thinner, but he wanted it heavy. That's what he got.

Attachments

• IM000501 (Medium).JPG
    IM000501 (Medium).JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Front Finished 2 (Medium).JPG
    Front Finished 2 (Medium).JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Inside Finished 1 (Medium).JPG
    Inside Finished 1 (Medium).JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IM000848 (Medium).JPG
    IM000848 (Medium).JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 60
Nice stuff Bob, I like the key cabinet, all my keys are hanging on simply nails in the cellar, have to do something about that sometimes.

Ad :wave:

Thanx for the compliments. I may have agrred to make something that is really gonna chalenge my skills and tools. LOML wants me to make a hope chest for her grand-daughter. I told her that there is no way I can get it done for the wedding or for Christmas. The wedding is December 15th. I can't even decide what wood to use. Ah, well, I guess we all need a challege once in awhile. :(

Good job! Bob. what wood did you use for the cabinet and box? Walnut? I'm quite bad at identifying woods.

Just a question, the letters on the cabinet are they branded? or you did you carve them? They look great!

I told her that there is no way I can get it done for the wedding or for Christmas. The wedding is December 15th. I can't even decide what wood to use. Ah, well, I guess we all need a challege once in awhile. :(

Nice work... You can get it done, just tell her you won't be able to do any other house related chores until it is done as you will have to spend every free moment in the shop. This line of thinking hasn't worked for me yet, but I still think it is worth pursuing. :D

The wood in the two boxes is walnut. The engraving, my sister's initials, was done by a local trophy store.

I am very fortunate, the LOML has no objection to me working in the shop for as many hours as I want. Caan't ask for more than that. :D