it was beutiful day

Got in and out of the limestone plant lickety split with the first load, Dodged the DOT bear on the second load :D Changed routes after that:D

Then I went to get the third load, thats when things went south. First off I'm not hauling just gravel, I'm hauling big old goonies First rock out of the bucket hits the cab protector and bounces off and comes to a rest between the cab protector and the stack :rolleyes: It hit so hard the cab protector flexed and dented the top of the cab.

From there it was down hill, Blew an inside dual on the last load, bout tore the mud flap off. Then when I dumped a seal in the hoist cylinder blew. To say the least it was an interesting day

Attachments

• rock1.JPG
    rock1.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 51
  • rock3.JPG
    rock3.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 41
  • roof.JPG
    roof.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 46
  • rock2.JPG
    rock2.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 55
Some days you're the rock Some days you're the crusher. ;) Sorry to see your truck got banged up. Is is a company truck or do you own it? (Or maybe you own the company?)

Texas gravel :rofl::rofl:

Vaughn
It's a company truck, not much of a company though it's one of 3. The boss drives the semi and he has a one ton Chevy dump. It was just one of those things. The gravel plant said they would pay for it.

Just one of them things

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Not laughing at you, but laughing with you Brother. I think we all had those days.

Years ago, that is before my railroading days, I worked for my Uncle who was into gravel work on a large scale. I ran his loader mostly (John Deere 744G). But there was days I drove the trucks too. My first day in a truck I hauled 122 loads from out from underneath the crusher. Of course I only went 500 feet before dumping it, but by the end of the day I was beat!! I don't think I ever shifted so much in one day in my life.

Still I think you got it easy down there in warm Texas 365 days a year. You need to head north and try hauling on the Ice Roads in Canada. Have you ever seen that show on the History Channel...Ice Road Truckers?

Reminds me of another story about how a day can get off to a rough start.

I rear-ended a car this morning. I knew it was going to be a REALLY bad day!

The driver got out of the other car, and he was a DWARF!!

He looked up at me and said "I am NOT Happy!"

So I said, "Well, which one ARE you then?"

That's how the fight started.:rofl: