Cypress source needed

Al killian

I am looking for a place to buy cypress within a hour drive of fort meyer florida. My freinds perants have a cabin down that is cypress and needs repair. They ask me if I had any places in mind and wanted to ask this forum first.

Here is they Guy you want. Alva is just east of Fort Myers on SR 80, 15.8 miles east of I 75. This is before you get to LaBelle. He has a large inventory of many kinds of wood and I see that on his old price list he shows cypress at $4 a board foot. It is a little difficult to find because someone built a large billboard right in front of his place and it is hard to see so note your milage carefully. It is on the south side of the road in a large steel building.

http://alvahardwoods.com/_wsn/page2.html

I am sure that he can get you whatever grade that you want and if you need a full pallet where he can fork lift load it onto your trailer when he gets it in you can work a really good discount. As another option I have bought some cypress from Home Depot here so Fort Myers may also have it. It was pretty low grade but as well as I remember the price was pretty good.

Last edited:
accadian hardwoods runs a cypress mill and kiln somewhere in louisana but wholesales all over the south/southeast.....last cypress i bought from them was clear 4/4 rough and it was right at 2 bucks....

Al, it's pushing the 4 hr drive criteria but try Griffis Lumber & sawmill on US 441 just north of Gainesville. They specialize in Cypress. Let me know if you want more info --

Oop's -- I must have imagined the 4 hr drive part -- they are a lot further than 1 hr from you, but just might be worth the trip

Last edited:
Thanks for the links. I will check them out and see which ones he wants to use. He did mention needing a hundred bdft for down there and was planning on bringing back a few hundred feet of cleaner stuff for use on furniture, might even have him bring me up some if he has the room.