Lost Data

Stuart Ablett

Well folks we are back! :D

BlueHost had a big time melt down, Marty and I spent a lot of time on it last night, then today I spent nearly two hours on the phone, and the problem kept getting kicked up higher and higher until the top programmer was involved for a fairly lengthy time, and he finally fixed it, but we do have some missing data it seems. :dunno:

Nothing we can do about it, but I'm glad we are back. :wave:

Yeah, Alan

We were lucky it seems and only a few posts were lost. We're still checking, but it seems the data from only later yesterday afternoon is gone. Well know more after some additional checks.

You are correct Allen, we lost the data from around 10 or 11 PM on the 4th until just a little while ago.

We are lucky, the people at BlueHost worked a LONG time on this, and were very helpful about it all, at one point, it did look like we were going to lose a whole week, but, they brought in their head programmer who ONLY took a couple of hours to fix it.

I'm very sorry for the lost data, but no one here erased anything, them pesky gremlins got us.

Cheers!

Hi guys!

Thanks for all your work, kudos to all of you sweating behind the scenes to keep this place running, a real labor of love!

Jay

Holy cow! Thanks to all for getting things up and running again. Sorry this has been so much work guys - but I think we all appreciate your hard work.

Wes

Thank you:thumb:

Charlie, I use Skype, and it cost me nothing at all, money wise, as the call becomes a local one, over the net, and as BlueHost has a toll free line, I paid nothing.

Cheers! :wave:

Thanks to all who helped to get the site back up! I was looking for some sort of hot line for help with withdrawls:eek:

Hey, glad you did what it is you did. Seems to be back in fine order. I bet you got a whole bunch of emails and notes as I think I sent a half dozen or so!! I thought maybe the new elected folks had taken over and shut off the wrong switch on their way out the door!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl:
Remember my post, so will repost. Not a problem, thanks all involved in the fix.

Jeff

I just looked at the poll and the software knew that I had already voted, so perhaps if each person that voted previously just "checked" that thread then they would know if their vote had been recognized.

Jay

You are correct Allen, we lost the data from around 10 or 11 PM on the 4th until just a little while ago.

We are lucky, the people at BlueHost worked a LONG time on this, and were very helpful about it all, at one point, it did look like we were going to lose a whole week, but, they brought in their head programmer who ONLY took a couple of hours to fix it.

I'm very sorry for the lost data, but no one here erased anything, them pesky gremlins got us.

Cheers!

Its unfortunate to lose any posts really. I think I speak for all of us that when we type something, it really is the best information that we know of, and we do it to help the woodworking family as a whole.

Still its just a reply really. What we lost was no big deal.

Posts and data might be lost, but the deep knowledge base that resides from EVERYONE contributing is not lost. Its the people themselves that we cannot lose. We might disagree from time to time, but put us all together and we surely can accomplish almost anything...woodworking related or otherwise.

Good save guys. You know the saying 'any crash you can walk away from . . . ' Thanks for all the efforts. Sounds like we need an offsite backup location. Hmmmm . . . RAID array in the dungeon Stu? :rofl:

Hey Jay,

Did you notice that the site went down just as we were talking about MDF?...

Sorry guys, I will only talk about real wood in future :(

Thanks for all the hard work getting it back up again guys.

Ralph;)

Thanks guys! I was wondering what happened last night, nothing but a white screen:eek: Glad you were able to get it back up and running so quickly!