Congratulations to Dave Richards in FWW!

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like this post was lost when the DB Crashed, so I'm reposting it!

Our resident Sketchup Guru was published in FWW This month. A nice long quote and 2 (countem, 2) Drawings!

Way to go!

(Dave, like the way I changed things around and gave you proper credit this time?) :thumb:

Aww, shucks, gang. Thank you. :eek::eek:

It's kind of fun to see my drawings in print. Especially in Fine Woodworking. Compared to the other drawings they showed, though, I think mine are kind of weak.

Congrats on some well-deserved ink, Dave. :thumb:
Thank you Vaughn. Shouldn't you be asleep? ;) I hope you are almost finished with your project.

I am gonna have to buy it at the newstand for newstand prices:eek:! But, by golly Dave 'you are worth it, and people like you.' paraphrasing stuart smalley:D
Congratulations Dave, can't hardly wait to get a look at it.
Shaz

Again, thank you, thank you.

Here's a little something I've been playing with this afternoon. Those of you who've seen the article might recognize it.

CheeryTables1.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice design on the table.

One question about rendering, is all of that done with the "Free" version, or does that require the paid version?

Brent, the rendering portion was done with some freeware and an exporter to go between the two. The new exporter was released today but I'm not certain if it works in the free version of SU. I'll check into that. It used to be anyway, that the free version of SU didn't support add on toolbars like the Proversion does. I'm not sure whether or not that was changed with the release of version 6. The new exporter uses a toolbat for the interface.