Passing of a dear furry friend -was silly cat

Ned Bulken

Our aged cat has taken to snoozing in some pretty strange places of late. Some might recall when she 'supervised' Grizzz's tool kit over the summer?
DSC04238.jpg

well this morning Lori asked if my camera was handy (it was in the car, so no, but accessible)

It seems she had found a spot in our pantry cupboard/closet. She's curled up in a Frisbee under the canned goods.

DSC06460.jpg

DSC06462.jpg

Last edited:
Ned,

What a cute pic...! Cats are amazing how they can bend and curl into whatever spot they want to. We find "ours" in some real crazy positions at times... :)

Thanks for sharing!

Denise

Hi Ned. Yes, cats like to have cozy places to sleep. However, be aware that a cat that doesn't feel good often times will find a place to hide....

Hi Ned. Yes, cats like to have cozy places to sleep. However, be aware that a cat that doesn't feel good often times will find a place to hide....

yep, she's been feeling poorly lately, and we're simply taking as good care of her as we can. I've got a 'keep them comfortable' and 'no heroic measures' rule when it comes to pets. There are So many strays and shelter dogs and cats out there, who need homes. Right now we're at 'capacity' in our house, but if she goes, another kitten will move in.

Just got the sad news, Miss Kitty has gone on to greener pastures. Lori took her to the vet and as we suspected, she was too far gone to rescue. She is at peace and we're a little sad today. She was an older cat when we got her, and we made her last few years as pleasant as we could. We'll wait a bit then adopt a kitten or two from the local shelter. Have to save up a bit, as they aren't 'free' by any means.

Sorry to see the news about the kitty Ned, but it sounds like you made her last few years pleasant ones for her.

I know what you mean about "free" pets. Our yellow dog only cost $10 to adopt from the shelter...and about $8000 a year or so later when she ate some stuff she shouldn't have.

Eight Grand? :eek:

I thought our dachshund's back surgery was a bit steep and he only cost enough for a PM66!

I told Lori no heroic measures, that there are Plenty of other cats in the world.
She swallowed a piece of a toy and it ended up blocking her intestines. Initially it took the vet about three weeks and far too many office visits to decide that was the problem, so she nearly starved to death in the meantime. (While racking up a pretty big bill just getting a diagnosis.) About two weeks after her surgery, she started showing signs of the same problem again. Sure enough, the x-rays showed another blockage (probably a piece that was missed the first time, since by then, all her toys had been removed from the house and yard), so she went back under the knife. I told her if she did it again, I was going to have the vet install a zipper on her belly.

It was a lot of money, but I had it available at the time, and she was my only child back then. Dunno if I would/could do it that way again today. ;)

Ned, I'm so sorry about Miss Kitty. I know just exactly how you feel, as I still miss our Samantha who has been gone over 10 years--I even call one of our two current cats by the name "Sammy" occasionally. Just know that you made her last years comfortable and she felt loved and secure.

Nancy (72 days)

Sorry to hear Ned. Animals do have a way of getting into your heart. We have a similar philosophy when it comes to our pets. Quality of life, but no heroics. Good luck with finding a new kitty.

Wes

Ned, I know how you feel. Around this time last year I had to take our 17 year old Abby in for the trip over the 'rainbow bridge.' Without going into the details, he had been sick for some time, and one day he just gave up and didn't care, didn't eat, wouldn't use his sand box.

We had know the end was in site so our vet recommended a breeder in the area. We ended up with another Abby and A Bengal. I recommend going to the local animal shelter and getting a new kitty that needs a home. Yes, I know I didn't follow my own recommendation, but we wanted an Abby and the Bengal was available.

Sorry to hear the passing of your cat. Good animal friends never last long enough, those dumb pain in the rear ones last way to long! If you were closer, you could have your pick of any of this year's litters in the barn, just have to catch them as on our farm, a wild cat is better than a pet. :thumb: