So Ken are you done yet?

Jeff Bower

Have you got all the lights hung? Painting done? Please don't tell me the new toys are still crated and on pallets:eek:

Yes, I'm asking for a shop tour from you or at least an update.:wave:

Jeff,

I worked out there until 8:00 pm last night. I was back out there at 0730 this morning. I've got all the wiring on the west half of the shop totally done. I bought some outlets at HD last night. I'm not satisfied with them and am going to return them in a few minutes and get some different ones.

My shop will have 4 rows of flourescent fixtures. 3 rows of 3 8' footers and 1 row of 2 8' footers. My oldest son helped me hang the row of 2 8' and I wired them in on Wednesday. Twice I've gone out to the shop just to walk through the door and flip a a light switch and have lights!:D

He's playing in a golf tournament this morning and is supposed to come by this afternoon and we'll hang a row of 3 8' footers. Then I'll wire them in. I'm using a pigtail on the fixture and an outlet on the ceiling. I hope to have that done before he gets here and thus it'll just be a matter doing the internal wiring after he helps me. Tomorrow I hope to move everything from the east half of the shop to the west half and start painting the east half.

Yeah...the lathe and the drill press is still sitting there in crates. I will admit, yesterday while getting the outlets, I bought a 30 amp male 240 vac plug and connector and 10 gauge wire for the b/s. I'm considering doing the same for the lathe but I won't install either until the shop is finished.

No playing until the work is done. I want that shop finished!

Last edited:
Ken thanks for the updates....you have more will power than I. I could let the mustard sit there all this time. I hope you make great strides toward the finish. Until then... :lurk:

no pics dint happen ken,,, got mess inside mine now stuff evrwhr but not in the right spot:eek: but the tree climbing is here and i need to concentrate on my priorties right!! and yes i wear a strap. and i wont be cuttin chains no more steve A

It's been a rough day.

Last night I got an email from the family of my friend Larry. I noticed yesterday they'd taken the feeding tube out. They visited with him for what they'd thought would be the last time last night.

This morning, I had one of my vertigo attacks.

But I did get the 2nd row of lights wired and functional.

I'll try to get some photos later.

Okay Jeff and Stu....here's some photos. The only outlet boxes on the west wall that don't have outlets and covers are the 220 outlets. I bought the 2 30 amp 240vac outlets and covers for the lathe and the b/s but I won't install them until I'm finished with the rest of the shop.

Here's 50% of the lighting installed. The construction lamp you see in the photo is the only thing I've had for lighting for the last 2 years. That's what I've used for turning for the last 20 months.

Also in the photo you can see the extension for the lathe. It was backordered and finally arrived.

It's so nice to walk into the shop and flip 2 switches and have two rows of lights! Now I will clean up from my electrical work and then move everything over to the west side of the shop and paint the east side, install lights and outlets and then play time!:D

l1.JPG

l2.JPG

l3.JPG

so ken, how loud are the new toys calling? how many times have you stood over those boxes with a knife in hand only to force yourself back to work?:rolleyes:

tod....I'm sitting here with the cash in the bank to buy my dust collection. I want that shop done...the tools in place.....then I can figure the duct work for the DC and order same.......It really isn't that hard. After turning in the dark for 20 months and being ashamed to allow anyone in the shop....it really isn't that hard. I'm getting close now.

that`s what i figgured.....you`re doing good with the self controll!
(or has sharron threatened you with bodly harm:eek:)

Uh......Yeah that too.....but I wasn't going to bring it up in public. I hope she doesnt' see this thread....then she'll beat me again......today......:eek::rolleyes::D

Well Ken....Jim D. noted how fun it was to poke a stick at Ned recently....so poke, poke, where's some updated shop pics:wave::D

Jeff.....Not much progress this past week. Last week was the work week from ________ You can fill in the blank. Tuesday I worked from 0800-1930. Wednesday I worked from 0800 until 0130 Thursday morning. Thursday I worked from 0800 until 1900. Friday I worked from 0800 until 0230 Saturday morning. My wife had the great granddaughter stay overnight Friday night, so I spent most of Saturday recouping and playing with little Riley. Sunday I just recouped.

Each morning and evening I go to the shop and spend 30 minutes or so moving stuff from the east side to the west side. I hope by Saturday to be in a position to trim out the window on the east wall and start painting the east half.

Friday I have to attend a get together of family and friends of my elk hunting buddy Larry who passed away last week.

Saturday I hope to get back at it.

I'm not ignoring it purposely but my work and family and friend obligations have kept me a way for a week.

I want to use that new lathe and b/s!

Last edited:
Ken, I hope you have more time for the shop in the near future...family and friends are always more important....but remember, as you know we expect pics of updates soon.:wave:

Wow, Ken your shop is really coming along well. Is that a big PM lathe I see there? What DP did you get? Really looking great!

Corey