SKETCHUP Template

Dave,
Instead of drawing the parts and moving them into place, why not just draw the parts in place from the get go? It will save you a lot of time and frustration.

What I did was make each piece a component and then built the assenbly almost like building in the shop. This probably isn't the best technique if the coponents are simple, but I thought it would help with components that are identical. In this instance it would have been easier to add the radiuses corners after all of the assebly was complete.

Paul, even when you have identical or mirror components, you can build everything in place. As an example, take a look at this: http://blip.tv/file/656415/ I started with a single leg component, copied it, and placed the copies as needed. All of the other parts were drawn in place using the existing components for reference. Doing it that way eliminates the possibility of errors in parts not fitting together correctly. It doesn't matter then whether or not you radius the edges as you go or not.

Just trying to give you some ideas to help make it easier working in SketchUp.