what bandsaw blades do you use ?

which bandsaw blades do you use ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For resawing, I have found nothing better than the Wood Slicer blade from Highland Hardware. For general BS use, and for cutting turning blanks, from both green and dry wood, I have used several blades. The Olsen Pro blades are a good all around blade. I have tried the Timberwolf Blades a couple of times, and to be honest, I don't see where they are any better than the Olsen. (I know a lot of folks love the Timberwolf Blades, but I also know quite a few that don't.) One of the best BS blades I have used for general purpose cutting is the SuperCut BS Blade. I found these locally at a family owned woodworkers supply business. They are made in the USA, and for the price, they are a fantastic blade. They hold an edge well, have a good weld (I have never broke one at the weld, and cutting thick turning blanks is a tad hard on blades.) The best part is, I can get them in 105" length for under $12.00 each. Works for me! :D

There are those who drop brand names and claim there is a great difference, but I are a cheap SOB and I have found that often times an off brand is as good as the "whos-that-there" brand with the great price gouging label. I heard one time that all blades were made by a few manufacturers so who hangs their label is a guess as to what you get.

Forrest Gump said it best.... "Mama said life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what tou are going to get"
I used to order bulk rolls of BS blade stock andcut and weld my own blades then I got lazy and ordered blades to fit and usually got the low bid... No problem or unexpected surprises. I think this is really a Moot question and you should buy the best deal you can make.

I've kept the Lenox Tri-Master on the MM16 the vast majority of the time since getting it. Also have 3 other standard blades of various width and TPI's that I got through Minimax when I bought. I think those came from Suffolk IIRC but could be wrong. Used to keep Highland Hardware Woodslicer blades on my previous Jet 14" BS.

I've never come across the idea of 'branded' bandsaw blades. I just get them made up by my local saw-doctor in whatever guage I need. He stocks a veriety of generic blade materials and then welds them up in whatever length is required.

I kind of assumed everyone did the same.

My come from Lowes, American vermont I think. I have a old 10" Rockwell and with the junk wheels on it can only use a 1/4" blade. In a few weeks my metal wheel will be here then I can get a 3/4" blade on it.

I buy generic blades from R&D Band Saws (http://www.tufftooth.com/index.html). I don't use my band saw very much, so I can't say anything good or bad about the blades, but they are cheap, they cut fine when new and at the price I can buy two of them for one name brand, so I can't see why I won't keep using them. Also, the seller gives good service, ships what I order at the price on the order page and doesn't gouge on shipping.

cheers

I am currently using Olson blades. I find I can tension them to the max of the saw's ability and resaw 8" and more hardwoods without any perceivable drift. I'm using a 20" (roughly, as it's Italian and thus metric) Griggio 3 phase, 3 hp bandsaw and resawing with Olson 3/8" 3 tpi skip tooth blades.

I have a new Sears Craftsman 12 inch band saw and have a couple of blades packaged for Craftsman... 3/8 and 1/4 blades. I ordered 4 Timberwolfs I got from Suffolk a 1/2 3TPI, 3/8 6TPI, 1/4 8 TPI and a 1/8 14TPI blades. I can compare the 3/8 blade and 1/4 blades at least to the Craftsman blades which cost me about the same price as the Timberwolfs. I bought 3 blades from Suffolk and got the 1/2" free.

Corey