Happy Birthday Bill Grumbine!

hey big bill

happy birthday and i know your wife will make sure yur well fed today,, sampled sum of her cookin a while back and i can see why you grew so well.. take the day off and just roll off some curls for fun...

Bill,

Happy Birthday! Hope you get some cool new toys! ;)

BTW, there's a rumor some famous woodturner is going to be in Rockville next month. Guess I'll have to join the local turner's club... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

I spent a couple of evenings with Mr. Grumbine this past weekend and he did not mention that he was a birthday boy.

Happy Birthday, Bill!!!!

About all I have to say about Bill is that he has a wonderful sense of humor, has a wealth of turning knowledge and is a very nice and pleasant man whose company I enjoyed immensely. He was extraordinarily patient as I picked his brain for information on turning.

let me add to the birthday wishes. just finished several viewings of bill's first video on turning. he sure does a good job and his sense of humor is obvious. maybe i'm just fond of sarcasm but i'm sure bill would be a fun friend to have.

have taken copius notes during the video as he covers the details of each cut and i'm going to have to refer to notes while practicing.

waiting for the second video to arrive but can recommend the first one for anyone starting out.

Thanks you everyone, for the kind words and well wishes! I got home late Tuesday from my trip to NC. I had a very nice time, and made a huge mess for people to clean up. Of course, I was hoist by my own petard, since I had to do a lot of that cleaning up myself at the end! But I got to meet a lot of very nice people, and spent two evenings with Randy McKinney of Vega and our own Mike Stafford, regaling one another by turns with stories true and some not so. :D

I took a detour through the mountains of WV to visit my aunt, and got to spend my birthday with her, as well as my mother and youngest daughter, who were also visiting her. I finished up the trip by driving over three hours in the wrong direction to pay a visit to the nice people at the Woodcraft Corporate headquarters in Parkersburg, and then home from there.

It is good to be home, if only for a little while. And I got me a very nice birthday present too. ;) It is a Ruger Single Six, a single action revolver in .22/.22WMR. It is more for contemplative plinking than sending lots of ammo downrange in a hurry - sort of like those finishing cuts on a bowl instead of hogging out. But it is a beauty.

Bill

Attachments

• singlesix.jpg
    singlesix.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 14