New arrival

Jay Lock

Finally the new addition to the shop arsenal arrived.

You would have thought it was a big ONE WAY from the size of the truck
View attachment 13279
Love those lift gates!

The new kid on the block
View attachment 13280
And his toys
View attachment 13281
Now I have to wait for the stand to arrive -- tomorrow maybe and then start putting things together.
Got to find someone with a back stronger than mine to help, hmmmm maybe 3!

I'll keep you posted on progress.

And yes, I FINALLY learned how to insert pics in the text, thanks Vaughn for the tutorial

Jay

Last edited:
Boy I hope so Stu, I bought it because you and Bernie were so pleased with the ones you own! :rofl::rofl:

If I don't like it I can see a post entitled "Stu Made Me Do It!!"

Can't wait to get it set up, right now I'm trying to figure out placement and read manuals -- yeah, I think this is one that I better study up on before I start throwing switches

Jay

Well I really like mine, and the few things I DO NOT like about mine, they seemed to have addressed with the upgraded version you and Bernie got.

Cheers!

Woot! Congrats on the lathe, Jay. I'd been biting my tongue to keep from asking you what you were getting (after seeing you post that you had one on the way.) If that's your starter lathe, I can't wait to see what you get when you decide to upgrade. :rofl:

Seriously, that puppy should have you covered very nicely for a long, long time. :thumb:

Jay, I don't even want to talk to you I am so envious. I think the DVR might be the perfect lathe for what I do. Enjoy!!! Congratulations!!!

One word of advice, make sure you have the right inserts for your chucks if you are using Teknatool chucks. Be sure to specify the insert that has a hole for a threaded grub screw so you can lock the chuck on the lathe spindle if you are going to run it in reverse. You really don't want a chuck with a chunk of wood unscrewing itself from the spindle.

Vaughn

That was the intent, keep this one for the foreseeable duration! I was fortunate enough to be able to afford it, so I thought that I would bite the bullet rather than buy something else and then upgrade later on.

I only hope to be as good as you have become at spinning!

Jay

Congrats Jay. I am glad to see it finally arrived. I have been turning on mine all day today and love it. You are going to have a ball with it. I don't figure on upgrading any more. Have fun my friend.