A little box with inlaid dovetails

Al Navas

I have been making this little box for a silent auction at a local church in which our daughter is a member. I have never entered anything in a silent auction; I still have to finish sanding, apply Waterlox original, hand-rubbed to a satin finish:

DovetailBox_1.JPG

You can view the rest of the story at my blog. Thanks for looking!

You went all the way with that neat box. Hope it brings a hefty sum for the church. I like those inlaid dovetails. Very attractive. I understand boxes like that were called 'Bible boxes' even though they were not used to actually store bibles. Dunno why that name got attached. :dunno:

You made it man! Great job! now that I showed it my wife, she wants me to make one for her, so be warned. I'll bore you with thousands of questions:D

Thank-you, ALL, for the terrific comments!!!

I will doing a photo tutorial in the next week or two, and will post it at my blog. A loooong time ago I asked right here if anyone was interested in this tutorial, and the answer was a resounding YES. Of course, other things kept me away from it, but now I must re-focus and get it done (THAT is the main reason for the blog...)

Thanks for looking!