Another just finished Memory Chest

Mack Cameron

In Memorium
My Grandson Lawson, who is 8 yrs. old informed me some time ago that he was nearly a teenager. As such he needed a box to put those things in that are precious to him now, but won't be played with when he reaches the magic age of 13. He wondered if Gramps would be able to make something for him to store those valuables.
View attachment 13345
This box was made from Basswood, and measures approx. 10" X 14½" X 6". It has been stained with Wood-Kote® Gel Stain cherry, and finished with Deft® lacquer spray.
View attachment 13346

View attachment 13347
The pattern of the ship has been taken from a publication by "Chipping Away©" -- Free Form Patterns for Chip Carving.
View attachment 13348

View attachment 13349

View attachment 13350
That's a CDN 2007 twoonie embedded along side Gramps message to Lawson.

Nice again.. Thats the artsy stuff that isn't in my line of gifts.

With the carving, wood choice, and stain color it almost looks like tooled leather...

How many hours or shouldn't one ask :)

Garry

mack, that`s cool! you`ve got quite a few hours in the chip carving let alone the layout! you done your grandson proud;)

Wow Mack I only just got to this thread. Thanks for bringing it back to life. I like that box and the picture you carved into it.

Hey how about a Post on those urns you were telling us about. I would love to see a pic or two.

Thanks for the visit but I have to say you left a few bugs behind, I am now itching to make a pen or two.:rofl::rofl: I cannot get that Celtic cross pen out of my mind. The workmanship is tremendous you should post a picture of that one, wish I had taken a picture of it.:thumb:

Mack , you have a big heart my friend. Beautiful box and I know alot of work went into this and will be highly prized for the rest of his life. Memories were made, more then just a box.

God Bless!

Hey how about a Post on those urns you were telling us about. I would love to see a pic or two.
attachment.php

This is the top with our honeymoon pic laser engraved on the top 1981). We were on a boat cruising the Assiniboine & Red Rivers in Winnipeg.

attachment.php

I cannot get that Celtic cross pen out of my mind.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I think I've really cluttered up this thread now. Admins -- do with it as you see fit!!