4 maple bowls

Jeff Bower

These are from the large maple score I had last month...http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5634...

The two larger ones are both just under 12" in diameter. The first one is 4" tall and the second is 5". The smaller ones are around 5" X 6". All are end grain turned and finished with Watco danish oil. Comments please....

Attachments

• maple.jpg
    maple.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 17
  • maple1.jpg
    maple1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 20
  • maple2.jpg
    maple2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 17
  • maple3.jpg
    maple3.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 24
Hoi Jef, you were very productive, was you not able to get rid of the large dark spot in the lower bowl ? I had the same with birch lately, than it looks to me like rotten wood, could easely pushed my finger in it, so I throw it away.
When I look to the large dark spot on your lower bowl, it looks to me the same, am I right ? :confused:
All your bowls are very useful, and that's what I like, simply bowls are the best.:thumb:

Ad, thanks for the comments. I like simple forms too and yes they are useful. The large one that has the bark inclusion is on our dining room table with apples in it right now.

The dark spot isn't rotton wood, just a darker spot on the wood. Not sure what caused it, but definitely not rotten.