Resawing long boards

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will just plane it away, at least for this project. I will look into tables and infeed/power feeder & outfeed support after I get done.

Seems if I could save 3/8 - 1/2" of wood I could do something with it, even if it was just for inlay enhancements or something to that affect.

resawing long boards

aaron, we pondered this same problem and decided to try a resaw power feeder a couple of weeks ago. it is very similar to todd evans' with a different paint job and some air lines. we added substantial table stiffeners, a moveable input roller table and a single moveable roller support, 3 or 4 feet after the table. careful fence and guide alignment done, this thing cuts REALLY accurate repeatable resaws with next to no effort. resaw feeders aren't cheap, but a side benefit is the tons of high quality scrap thin boards rather than thicknesser chips. oh yeah skinny rips are also safe and easy. i use this machine several times a day and am very pleased with it's "dimensioning" performance.