Positioning attachments

Hi there PC gurus!

I do not know if it has to do with the site, the software or whatever but there is a thing that makes me make mistakes when posting pictures.

I'll try to describe it as well as I can so maybe there is a solution.

When I attach and position a picture it appears on the editing window as

Toni,

When you insert the attachment, it seems that vBulletin (the forum software) highlights the attachment # (xxxxx) when it posts it. Looks like you're just going to have to be sure to click outside that area to place the cursor in a different place for the next pic.

I know this doesn't help the situation, but it might shed some light as to why the software does this:

When inserting a URL link, the software spits out something like <A HREF="website">website</A> - I used < instead of [ and > instead of ] to not confuse the computer. After giving that line of html / xml code, the second instance of "website" (the one between > and < in my example) is highlighted so that one can immediately type over it - this is the writing that is visible as the hyperlink that when clicked on will take you to the address given by the first instance (the one in quotes) of website.

As an example, I link to the homepage of this site: FWW. Copying the code and replacing angle brackets with square gives: <URL="http://familywoodworking.org">FWW</URL>.

Hmmm, the software here uses the URL tag instead of A HREF. Maybe I'm dating my deprecated html knowledge...

Anyway, I think that is why the software highlights the text in the field, even though in the case of attachments it does not seem useful.

Anytime I can come by and complicate the situation with more than you really wanted to know, just give a holler. :rofl:

I am so glad I'm just a lowly network geek. Its funny how binary and hex look like English to me but HTML looks like Greek :rofl:

P.s. Correct Toni, you have to position your cursor manually in vBulletin.