Have you ever had one of those nights?

Kerry...that isn't too obvious, how did I not think of that! It's name will be Head Banger. :headbang: It banged it's head too...cracked the top plastic and busted off a small piece of the front pulley as well. Haven't turned it on yet to see how/if it still works, but if it does I will be making a new hood for it with a graphic like :headbang:this right on the front of it.

Glad you are better off than you could have been Jeff.
I have made it a habit to kick a screw or bolt WAY across the room to the door before I bend to pick it up.
If I don't, I get this strange and sudden urge to lift my table saw off the floor using the bottom of the cast iron table and the back of my head.
In this case, the third time is NOT a charm. (It didn't work that time either)
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

DT

Jeff, I'm glad that you can smile again and you are okay now.
As you know accidents are hiding in small corners. Hope your drillpress is sturdy enough, probably it is.
Take a drink on your good healts.

Thanks for all the well wishes and such. I did turn on the DP last night. I seems to still be running true, just lost its hat and some scratches all around. My head seems to be throbbing more today, but my parents will be in town tonight, so more shop time with my dad this weekend should cure my headaches. He's bringing spalted hackberry, sycamore and his new stihl chainsaw!

Jeff,

Glad to hear that you are ok after your run in with your DP. three Staples isn't too bad, it could be alot worse, considering what happened. :doh:

Hope your DP is running OK after the incident.

When I set up my shop, I made sure I had space to bolt mine down to a bench. The though of it tipping off the bench at me, really freaks me out.